Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

Recording Tutorials - Beginner/Novice Level
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1066
Page 1 of 1

Author:  KittyR [ Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Recording Tutorials - Beginner/Novice Level

These tutorials are just to get you started on home recording on your computer using the free Audacity program for recording, editing and outputting tunes.

1. Recording 101
This is the place to start for absolute beginners.


2. Recording 102 - coming soon

Author:  Kathy [ Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Kitty,
I was wondering if you could fix the 101 link or send me an email with the info in it. I get an error page when I click it. ;) I have been thinking aobut trying to record something to send in. I have a couple of HD things recorded and a couple of whistle things, but I can't figure out how to make them into MP3's When I try, I still get a .wave on the end after I thought I had converted them. :?

Thanks,
Kathy : )

Author:  KittyR [ Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Kathy wrote:
I was wondering if you could fix the 101 link

#-o silly little underscore...

Works now.

Kathy, are you using Audacity? If so, see the Exporting section of the 101 document to convert your file to mp3..

Kitty

Author:  Kathy [ Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thank you Kitty, I printed it out! :D

I have Audacity, but I also have a program called Creative Mixer, but haven't figured out what all it does yet. The audacity looks like the way to go since I have it downloaded and some instructions (thank you) on using it.

I would like to do some mixing of my dulcimers and whistles together, but I haven't mastered playing the dulcimers with my toes yet. :lol: Do you have instructions for that in the 102? ;) :D

Kathy :)

Author:  KittyR [ Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:07 am ]
Post subject: 

Kathy wrote:
I would like to do some mixing of my dulcimers and whistles together, but I haven't mastered playing the dulcimers with my toes yet. :lol: Do you have instructions for that in the 102? ;)

Yes, that's called multi-tracking and that will be in the next one I think. Maybe along with some basic FX and EQ.

K

Author:  Kathy [ Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

KittyR wrote:
Kathy wrote:
I would like to do some mixing of my dulcimers and whistles together, but I haven't mastered playing the dulcimers with my toes yet. :lol: Do you have instructions for that in the 102? ;)

Yes, that's called multi-tracking and that will be in the next one I think. Maybe along with some basic FX and EQ.

K


That's great Kitty. I will definitely need that! I am not sure what FX even is! :shock: :roll: :lol:

Kathy :)

Author:  KittyR [ Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

"effects" :mrgreen:

Author:  Kathy [ Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

:lol: Ok :lol: That makes sense.

Kathy :)

Author:  Allyson [ Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:07 am ]
Post subject:  recording 101

I tried to download the 101 link but it came out as coded gibberish? Any ideas how I can fix this.
Also, went to Audacity site but haven't downloaded yet as I'm not sure which is best for our computer. :)

Author:  KittyR [ Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Hey Allyson,

The file for download is an Adobe PDF file. In order to open it properly, you'll need to install Adobe's free PDF reader.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Let us know how it works. :)

Kitty

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/