Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3852
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Blackhawk [ Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

On a Tommy Bb pvc.

Author:  Jim Wright [ Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

Am thinking you got the counting to two down now .... so I won't complain .... you sounded happy on this one .... which is how I like to hear it.

Nice to see you posting again .. missed your playing.

Author:  Ren-Tin-10 [ Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

Attachment:
Come_Christians_Join_To_Sing.mp3


Proof that an overdrive pedal works with a mountain dulcimer. ;)

Image

Author:  Blackhawk [ Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

Jim Wright wrote:
Am thinking you got the counting to two down now .... so I won't complain .... you sounded happy on this one .... which is how I like to hear it.

Nice to see you posting again .. missed your playing.

Thank you, Jim. I very much enjoyed yours, too, but have been remiss in speaking up about it. And I've been glad to see you posting again, young man.

Hey Ren, great version. Does this mean you're not serious about punishing us by only posting collaborations? That seriously alarmed me. Please keep posting like you have been doing, whether alone or with a partner. I for one really enjoy your versions, and I learn from them.

Author:  Judy K [ Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

Blackhawk ..... Cool! I'm enjoying your sudden burst of whistle posts, my friend! \:D/



Ren .... Image ... absolutely LOVE it!! What a twist .... :mrgreen:

Author:  Ren-Tin-10 [ Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

Blackhawk wrote:
Hey Ren, great version. Does this mean you're not serious about punishing us by only posting collaborations? That seriously alarmed me. Please keep posting like you have been doing, whether alone or with a partner. I for one really enjoy your versions, and I learn from them.


Actually, I was only halfway serious. I would like to post more collaborations, but right now I don't really have any way of making that happen. I think what I need is a decent laptop computer loaded with Audacity that I can take to church and record our pianist. ;)

Author:  shadoes [ Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

You can colaborate across the net as well. I have done it. If you like and are semi interested hit me with a PM and we will discuss it.

Author:  TC [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

Wow Ren, that overdrive is awesome! I hesitate to post mine after that, but here I am with my little bamboo stick. It's a transverse D flute made by Billy Miller from Virginia. I gave it to myself for my birthday and have been playing about 2 weeks. Any practiced flautists have any hints for me??

Author:  Jim Wright [ Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

TC wrote:
Wow Ren, that overdrive is awesome! I hesitate to post mine after that, but here I am with my little bamboo stick. It's a transverse D flute made by Billy Miller from Virginia. I gave it to myself for my birthday and have been playing about 2 weeks. Any practiced flautists have any hints for me??


So ... your little stick sounds great ... glad you put it up ... liked the tag as well .. think it added a lot.... I would steal the idea if I hadn't already put mine up. LOL

Author:  Judy K [ Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

TC, that's nice ... actually considering the "playing for about 2 weeks" ... it's great! Wish I had sounded that nice at 2 weeks on the flute. My first flute was a Hall's Crystal flute in G. At 2 weeks, think I was still working on getting a note ... any note ... please? :lol:

(No flute advice from me ... not a practiced flautist. :-k However, the key word there is probably "practice". ;) )

Author:  Blackhawk [ Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing--Key of G

Cool, TC. If I tried getting a sound out of a flute, there'd be a clip of nothing but silence! Now, more clips, please!

Author:  Adrian [ Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 32 - Come Christians, Join to Sing

Walden wrote:
Ah yes! Learned this song in the Philippines.


Beautiful! I loved the simplicity of the tune and how well you played it. =D> :thumbsup: =D> :thumbsup:

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/