Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3949
Page 1 of 2

Author:  ConnieS [ Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

This one could have a lot of whistle potential. It's in 6/8 time, the jig time signature.

Don't have to play it like a jig, though. Play it your way!!

Here's the score:
Attachment:
O How I Love Jesus.pdf


And here's the mp3:
Attachment:
O How I Love Jesus in D.mp3

Author:  Jim Wright [ Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 34 - O How I Love Jesus

If I play it as a jig .. going to have to record in the morning ... only time I have that much energy! :shock: :D

Author:  larrym [ Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 34 - O How I Love Jesus

Jim Wright wrote:
If I play it as a jig .. going to have to record in the morning ... only time I have that much energy! :shock: :D


:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

___________________

Larry

Author:  Walden [ Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 34 - O How I Love Jesus

I always heard this sung slow, except for one place. At my great grandmother's church they always sang it fast.

Author:  larrym [ Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 34 - O How I Love Jesus

Like you, Aaron, I'm only familiar with it in a slow tempo. Connie's mp3 was a first up-tempo for me.

__________________

Larry

Author:  Ren-Tin-10 [ Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 34 - O How I Love Jesus

Shadoes, you have a PM. ;)

Author:  Walden [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

This is an old ebony wood whistle.

Image

Author:  larrym [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

=D> Yep, that's the tempo I'm used to hearing this one played. Nice looking and sounding whistle, Aaron. What make is it?

__________________

Larry

Author:  Jim Wright [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Nice Aaron .... but am thinking your GGM and I may have a lot in common. I have always heard it played more upbeat ... and jig time. I don't know if I can play it that way or not ... just got the Sweatheart Pro modified for the Cnat hole .. now maybe I can ... will see.

Author:  Adrian [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Walden wrote:
This is an old ebony wood whistle.

Image



=D> :thumbsup: Nice job.

I do like the video clips!

Author:  Walden [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Jim Wright wrote:
Nice Aaron .... but am thinking your GGM and I may have a lot in common. I have always heard it played more upbeat ... and jig time.

Yeah, the town is 7 miles from Texas.
larrym wrote:
Nice looking and sounding whistle, Aaron. What make is it?

I bought it from JessieK, and all she said, with regards to its origin, was that it was an antique.

Author:  larrym [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Walden wrote:
Jim Wright wrote:
Nice Aaron .... but am thinking your GGM and I may have a lot in common. I have always heard it played more upbeat ... and jig time.

Yeah, the town is 7 miles from Texas.
larrym wrote:
Nice looking and sounding whistle, Aaron. What make is it?

I bought it from JessieK, and all she said, with regards to its origin, was that it was an antique.


Well then, I guess that information will do! :laughing:

_____________________

Larry

Author:  shadoes [ Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

First hehe please recall I currently have a torn tendon in my left wrist and two broken bones in my right hand. I was going to add some Reyburn low D to this but the stretch for the pinky was a bit on the...uncomfortable.... side :) Was also gonna add some other stuff but then decided no simple is better... play with it to much ya break it...So without further adeu.....

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you an Internet collaboration.. Ren and Shadoes....

Oh and turn down the volume a bit as the mix is a bit hot heh

Shadoes - Whistle = Obrien maple
Ren - Dulcimer and Bass

http://praisewhistlers.org/exchange/upload/O_How_I_Love_shadoes_ren.mp3

Author:  Adrian [ Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Very soothing. Good job. =D> =D> =D>

Author:  larrym [ Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

:thumbsup: =D> =D> =D> :thumbsup:

____________________

Larry

Author:  Jim Wright [ Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Nice job ... enjoyed it ..... =D> =D>

Author:  Ren-Tin-10 [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Thanks. It was a lot of fun to do. :mrgreen:

Hmm, maybe for Song 34, we can do a 3-person collaboration. ;)

Author:  jrc [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Very nice guys ... well done, in all aspects. :thumbsup:

Author:  Walden [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Ren-Tin-10 wrote:
Hmm, maybe for Song 34, we can do a 3-person collaboration. ;)
Does it have to be someone in the 4-states area?

Author:  Ren-Tin-10 [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Walden wrote:
Ren-Tin-10 wrote:
Hmm, maybe for Song 34, we can do a 3-person collaboration. ;)
Does it have to be someone in the 4-states area?


No, in fact, it doesn't even have to be someone in the 4-countries area. :mrgreen:

Author:  Walden [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

The Four-Countries Area consisting of West Ozarkia, The USA, Canada, and Mexico? :D

Author:  Jim Wright [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Walden wrote:
The Four-Countries Area consisting of West Ozarkia, The USA, Canada, and Mexico? :D

Could also include Texas ..... :mrgreen:

Author:  Walden [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Jim Wright wrote:
Could also include Texas ..... :mrgreen:

Ah, good! Jim Wright just volunteered to be on the next collaboration!

Author:  Jim Wright [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Walden wrote:
Jim Wright wrote:
Could also include Texas ..... :mrgreen:

Ah, good! Jim Wright just volunteered to be on the next collaboration!


Ahhh .. I was just saying that the "country" of Texas could be included in your list of countries! :laughing:

Author:  Walden [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song 33 - O How I Love Jesus

Jim Wright wrote:
Ahhh .. I was just saying that the "country" of Texas could be included in your list of countries! :laughing:

Because of your participation.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/