Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

Thessaloniki
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1388
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Adrian [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Thessaloniki

I had to play a flying visit to Thessaloniki. I played quiet whistle on the train but got some strange looks! After business at the church I had about 30 mins of light to run down town and find something to photograph. This was from the main square which borders the sea. The colours are exactly as they were.

Image


Image

The mountains in the distance are part of Mount Olympus

Author:  Blackhawk [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

WOW!!! :thumbsup: =D>

Author:  Judy K [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

That is beautiful, Adrian! I love your pictures!

:sunny2:

Author:  ConnieS [ Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

!!!!!!Image!!!!!!

Author:  jrc [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:59 am ]
Post subject: 

That's AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing!

God bless you brother-

jrc

Author:  foothillsOH [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:37 am ]
Post subject: 

STUNNING!!!!

Author:  Jim Wright [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:13 am ]
Post subject: 

Looks as if God was showing off a mite for you ... He does very good work with his brush and colors. :D

Take a lesson here Les ..... would think it would be hard to really capture a sunset with water colors ... need the "bite" of real paint!

Author:  Blackhawk [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:33 am ]
Post subject: 

Whenever I see views like that I think, "Lord, I love what You've done with the place."

Author:  Karen [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:29 am ]
Post subject: 

Adrian, you never fail at coming up with a photo of some beauty on this earth. I always appreciate seeing what you see....thanks for sharing!

Author:  KittyR [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Adrian, what IS your new avatar? I've tried to figure it out but I can't. How about a view of the original photo?

Author:  Jorg [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:07 am ]
Post subject: 

Adrian,
What a beautiful picture! More evidence of the Creator!

New guy question: Adrian, what brought you to Greece? Are you in missions? Just curious.

Jorg

Author:  Blackhawk [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:20 am ]
Post subject: 

KittyR wrote:
Adrian, what IS your new avatar? I've tried to figure it out but I can't. How about a view of the original photo?
It looks like a kettle being held over a campfire, using a branch or stick to hold the kettle over the flames.

Author:  Adrian [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Blackhawk wrote:
KittyR wrote:
Adrian, what IS your new avatar? I've tried to figure it out but I can't. How about a view of the original photo?
It looks like a kettle being held over a campfire, using a branch or stick to hold the kettle over the flames.


I got fed up with the last avatar and changed it a week or so ago when I was on the road. I immediatly wanted to change it again but have not got around to it.

Blackhawk is quite correct. In the summer I took some Korean missionary kids into the hills camping and that foto is of beakfast being cooked. I keep a small cache on that mountain so I can stay there anytime without lugging gear with me.

The avatar will change soon.

Author:  Adrian [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jorg wrote:
Adrian,
What a beautiful picture! More evidence of the Creator!

New guy question: Adrian, what brought you to Greece? Are you in missions? Just curious.

Jorg


I think we are all 'in missions' but just doing different things in different locations. But yes, in the traditional sense of the word we are missionaries. Our main focus is with Muslims in the Balkans. Susan is a linguist and anthropologist working on an unwritten language of a completely unreached people group in which there is not a single believer yet. We have been working in this region for about 13 years now.

Why Greece? A long story but we had been working in Bosnia, Croatia and Albania for some years and then a door opened for us here and it seemed right to come after much prayer and deliberation.

There is nothing special about us. We ALL are missionaries including you!

Author:  Jim Wright [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Adrian wrote:
Jorg wrote:
Adrian,
What a beautiful picture! More evidence of the Creator!

New guy question: Adrian, what brought you to Greece? Are you in missions? Just curious.

Jorg


There is nothing special about us. We ALL are missionaries including you!

Sort of a "bloom where yee be" .... thing is ....many churches wouldn't welcome the down and out ... or those that don't look or smell right .. but we have kicked that one about to death.... so I won't go on.

Author:  KittyR [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Adrian wrote:
The avatar will change soon.


Oh, I wasn't complaining... I just wanted to "see" it.

Author:  Adrian [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

KittyR wrote:
Adrian wrote:
The avatar will change soon.


Oh, I wasn't complaining... I just wanted to "see" it.


I realised that you were not complaining but SUSAN complained!!!!! "What is THAT supposed to be???!!!" In the military a question or a comment can be an order. In the army I outranked Susan but NOT at home!

Author:  kelly [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Beautiful, Adrian!
I hope, when you finished photography, you picked up the whistle THERE!

Author:  Adrian [ Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

kelly wrote:
Beautiful, Adrian!
I hope, when you finished photography, you picked up the whistle THERE!


Afraid not. I went back to the church where I had to spend the night. I did play whistle there for a while.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/