Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

Brrrrrrrr!
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1426
Page 2 of 3

Author:  Jim Wright [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Adrian wrote:
mack wrote:
It dipped to four below here in the banana belt last night.
The two or three inches of powder won't make a snowman or even a snow ball. Usually a fresh snow in Grand Junction brings out the kids, but there aren't even any tracks. What'sa matter with kids today?

I remember when....


...when Jim was a boy and dinosaurs roamed the earth!


I hated to see the dinosaurs go ... great drum sticks! :D

Author:  Duffy [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:47 am ]
Post subject: 

That's alright Jim. I miss my first pet Dino too.

I can remember when I was a kid in Iowa after WWII, we had a string of winters so cold that some people talked about the return of the Ice Ages. Now when I talk about all the time I spent playing hockey on the park lagoon, they look at me like I'm crazy. Well, I mean more do when I talk about that.

Author:  Jim Wright [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Duffy wrote:
That's alright Jim. I miss my first pet Dino too.

I can remember when I was a kid in Iowa after WWII, we had a string of winters so cold that some people talked about the return of the Ice Ages. Now when I talk about all the time I spent playing hockey on the park lagoon, they look at me like I'm crazy. Well, I mean more do when I talk about that.

Duffy ... I am glad to see you posting ... makes me feel good .... you and I are close to being the oldest on the list and long as you are around .. know that I have someone that understands the same "English" that I do!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about people thinking you are crazy ... unless they start fitting you for one of those nice white jackets that buckle in the back. Sanity is very over rated anyhow! Ask Les!!! :D

Author:  ConnieS [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

I tried to get some ice pictures, but I don't have the skill to do it justice. Here, however, is a wild shot of a heavy snow we got a few weeks ago.

I accidentally left the flash on, and look what happened when flash hit snowflakes.

Image



(edited to update photo. Adrian showed me how to crop it. Thanks for the tip!!)

Author:  mack [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

The perfect pic for next years Christmas card!

Oh, do a poem contest to go along!

Author:  Tommy [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

ConnieS wrote:
I tried to get some ice pictures, but I don't have the skill to do it justice. Here, however, is a wild shot of a heavy snow we got a few weeks ago.

I accidentally left the flash on, and look what happened when flash hit snowflakes.

Image


WOW, you made the snowflakes grow.

Author:  Adrian [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

WOW! I wish I had taken that! Super foto. More please.

Author:  ConnieS [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 am ]
Post subject: 

Woo-hoo!!!! School is cancelled! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Let's see. Where do I start? Maybe with this. :whistle1: Or this. :mdulcimer: Or this.Image

The sun finally came out, and suddenly the world is HUGELY photogenic!! Unfortunately, it's only 7 degrees.

Image

I DO feel sorry for these little guys.

Image

Although as you can see, they're trashing my roof. Ah, well. God's little creatures.

Author:  ConnieS [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Look what Adrian did to my bird photograph!!

Image

He's so good at this. Susan said it took him maybe about 30 seconds to crop it for composition, saturate it, lighten the bird, saturate the bird colors, and sharpen the whole picture. :shock: As I told her, it took me a good thirty seconds just to read all the stuff he did.

Thanks, Adrian!! Great eye for photography.

Author:  Adrian [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Susan is very BAD! I asked her not to pass on the picture as I had only used it to show her one or two things. [-( Anyway, Connie is the artist.

Author:  ConnieS [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Adrian wrote:
Susan is very BAD! I asked her not to pass on the picture as I had only used it to show her one or two things. [-( Anyway, Connie is the artist.


I hope you don't mind too much. You showed ME a few things. Thanks.

Author:  KittyR [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hey, I'm not a bad photo editor myself. :joker: O:)




Image

Author:  ConnieS [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Author:  Adrian [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Love it. A definite improvement! :D

Author:  Tommy [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

KittyR wrote:
Hey, I'm not a bad photo editor myself. :joker: O:)




Image


Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)

Author:  Jim Wright [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I always suspected that Adrian had ties to the Wee People! :laughing:

Author:  KittyR [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:

Author:  Jim Wright [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

KittyR wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:


Hey .. you know .. I am a very sensitive person!!!

I am always being picked on and I can't understand why that is so .. I always give others the utmost respect!!! :roll: :D

Author:  Blackhawk [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:07 am ]
Post subject: 

KittyR wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:
:shock: Avatar? AVATAR? I thought that was Jim's driver's license photo! :mrgreen:

Author:  Tommy [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:27 am ]
Post subject: 

Blackhawk wrote:
KittyR wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:
:shock: Avatar? AVATAR? I thought that was Jim's driver's license photo! :mrgreen:


Jim has a driver's license :?: :shock:

Author:  Jim Wright [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:24 am ]
Post subject: 

Tommy wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
KittyR wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:
:shock: Avatar? AVATAR? I thought that was Jim's driver's license photo! :mrgreen:


Jim has a driver's license :?: :shock:

I do .. and have had for over 50 years .. .... However the pictures on it never seem to catch my good side! :roll: :D

Author:  Tommy [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:27 am ]
Post subject: 

Jim Wright wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
KittyR wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:
:shock: Avatar? AVATAR? I thought that was Jim's driver's license photo! :mrgreen:


Jim has a driver's license :?: :shock:

I do .. and have had for over 50 years .. .... However the pictures on it never seem to catch my good side! :roll: :D


Jim has a good side :?: :shock:

Author:  Adrian [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:32 am ]
Post subject: 

Tommy wrote:
Jim Wright wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
KittyR wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:
:shock: Avatar? AVATAR? I thought that was Jim's driver's license photo! :mrgreen:


Jim has a driver's license :?: :shock:

I do .. and have had for over 50 years .. .... However the pictures on it never seem to catch my good side! :roll: :D


Jim has a good side :?: :shock:


I suspect that Jim was driving long before licenses were needed.

Author:  Kathy [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Adrian wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Jim Wright wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
KittyR wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Is there something you can do with Jim's avator :?: ;)


I've actually contemplated doing so before, but it's weird enough as it is. :mrgreen:
:shock: Avatar? AVATAR? I thought that was Jim's driver's license photo! :mrgreen:


Jim has a driver's license :?: :shock:

I do .. and have had for over 50 years .. .... However the pictures on it never seem to catch my good side! :roll: :D


Jim has a good side :?: :shock:


I suspect that Jim was driving long before licenses were needed.


:lol: you guys are so bad :P I like Jims avatar. Isn't it an old goat? I don't think that it's a longhorn even though he is from Texas.
Kathy ;)

Author:  Tommy [ Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..............< :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/