Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

Pix from Greece
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1528
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Adrian [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Pix from Greece

I'm a bit embaressed to post fotos now I know Jim was a professional! :shock:

Image

These are the most usual kind of step ladder in Greece. Workmen often stand on the top, though not quite like this. With one foot either side on the next rung down workers can walk the ladder.

Image

A one-legged bagpipe busker I met in the market today. He played quite well and the bagpipe had a nice tone.


Image

The town river today. The river is almost dry this year and we are expecting drought this year.

Author:  ConnieS [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'll bet you have some crazy-good rapids when that river is full!!!!!!! Rafting, anyone? Or canoeing? Or kayak? I've never kayaked, but I do love canoeing and rafting. Although I risk my life less now that I'm a mother.

BEAUTIFUL pictures, Adrian.

Author:  Jim Wright [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

ConnieS wrote:
I'll bet you have some crazy-good rapids when that river is full!!!!!!! Rafting, anyone? Or canoeing? Or kayak? I've never kayaked, but I do love canoeing and rafting. Although I risk my life less now that I'm a mother.

BEAUTIFUL pictures, Adrian.

Now you are talking my love ... canoeing in fast water .. oh yeah. I have flipped more than once ... lost clothes and shoes before I decided to tie them down at the start ... and not after the fact. :shock: :D

Not a pro photographer Adrian ... weddings and portraits are easy ... they are just skill ... what you put up is Art ... and a very good eye for composition. :D

Author:  Adrian [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jim Wright wrote:
Not a pro photographer Adrian ... weddings and portraits are easy ... they are just skill ... what you put up is Art ... and a very good eye for composition. :D


Jim
You are just tooooooo humble! ;) The truth is out now. Please post the longhorn pix when you have them.

You'll remember the camera you 'sent' Susan. We'll I saw one that had been converted to digital using the sensor of a flatbed scanner and produced 190 Megapixel fotos!!!!!

Author:  ConnieS [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

:shock:

Author:  Revles [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

right.. that is definitely it Adrian ....i am going to throw my camera in the bin :cry: worse is to come...Jim has purchased a rather flash canon camera so now we will have his pics to contend with as well. the chaon the ladder obviously has not heard of health and safety......Les.

Author:  Revles [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Connie...you 'risk your life less now that you are a mother'....do not risk your life at all .......we would also miss you.......Les.

Author:  ConnieS [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well, Les, I appreciate that. :D I'd probably miss you guys from the heavenly portals as well. But one has to live one's life with courage. I teach this to my kids. And common sense. ;) I also teach this to my kids. One day my kids will be the ones out there in canoes--rock climbing--probably parachuting, I don't know. And then--well, I just don't want to know about it.

These days the most dangerous it gets is when I kick the guitar into overdrive at praise team practice. :mrgreen:

Don't anybody tell me to grow up. At this point it ain't going to happen. Besides, who on this board is really "grown up?" I mean, we play pennywhistles at traffic lights, for crying out loud!
:whistle2:

Author:  Adrian [ Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

ConnieS wrote:
Well, Les, I appreciate that. :D I'd probably miss you guys from the heavenly portals as well. But one has to live one's life with courage. I teach this to my kids. And common sense. ;) I also teach this to my kids. One day my kids will be the ones out there in canoes--rock climbing--probably parachuting, I don't know. And then--well, I just don't want to know about it.

These days the most dangerous it gets is when I kick the guitar into overdrive at praise team practice. :mrgreen:

Don't anybody tell me to grow up. At this point it ain't going to happen. Besides, who on this board is really "grown up?" I mean, we play pennywhistles at traffic lights, for crying out loud!
:whistle2:


Some wise bird observed that the only difference between men and boys was the cost of their toys!

Author:  ConnieS [ Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

What about girls? Um...something about the difference between women and girls....something..something...curls!!


Image

Uh....could some poet help me out here?

But if it rhymed, toys would be the more appropriate word. I carry a purse, but nobody gets to call it a purse. It's a gear bag. It carries a pda, an mp3 player, a camera, flash drives, extra picks, extra memory cards, extra batteries. Oh, and headphones. Don't know how you guys get along without a "gear bag."

Author:  jimwasson [ Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

ConnieS wrote:
... Don't know how you guys get along without a "gear bag."

Carry something similar into work every day - contains measuring tape, water bottle, sandwich, tape of various sorts, jar openers, etc - it's called a backpack. Used to carry lots more stuff in it, but don't need as much at my current 'stationary' job.

Author:  foothillsOH [ Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:52 am ]
Post subject: 

ConnieS wrote:
What about girls? Um...something about the difference between women and girls....something..something...curls!!


Image

Uh....could some poet help me out here?

But if it rhymed, toys would be the more appropriate word. I carry a purse, but nobody gets to call it a purse. It's a gear bag. It carries a pda, an mp3 player, a camera, flash drives, extra picks, extra memory cards, extra batteries. Oh, and headphones. Don't know how you guys get along without a "gear bag."



My husband carries a lunch box with all his stuff in it.
The lunch box turned into a bigger cooler...no food stuff no beverages.
His work gear. He is an electrician. Eh hem, official title Journeyman Wireman.

For me when it comes to things of adventure. I am more cautious now that I am older. Last injury cost me over a thousand dollars in back repairs. Adjustments. I think one of my greatest fears as a musician is injuring my arms and hands and feet and such....

Laura

Author:  KittyR [ Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:35 am ]
Post subject: 

foothillsOH wrote:
I think one of my greatest fears as a musician is injuring my arms and hands and feet and such....

What do you play with your feet? :?:

Author:  Jim Wright [ Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

KittyR wrote:
foothillsOH wrote:
I think one of my greatest fears as a musician is injuring my arms and hands and feet and such....

What do you play with your feet? :?:


Did you not see the movie "BIG"? Then there are the drummers ....how could they keep time? :D She knew what she saying ............ this time!!! :laughing:

moving into my foxhole!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/