Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: More of my zoo - Lots of Pics
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Here are some pics I took last night at feeding time of the non-feathered members of my menagerie

First this is Patches the dwarf rabbit...whom turned out to not be so dwarf hehe

Here is India, a recent adoptie from a bad home. Won't even describe the cage when we got her. She was scared whitless and has nearly bitten me from fear several times. We have had a few weeks now though and she had calmed down tremendously. In time she should learn to trust us

This is Hermes the ferret. He is a hoot to play with however my wife gets annoyed when he is out cause his favorite place to play is in the bucket we make the hermit crab bedding in so he gets a bit on the filthy side hehe

Unfortunatly I did not get a good pic of the hermit crabs. It was blurry :) will try again later.

Here are a couple of the chinchillas - Dandelion and Dafydil we adopted about 4 months ago

here is my wife's guinea pig Bella

And finally the pictures that started this run last night - and why I wanted a small easily grabbed camera. The sugar gliders Rembrandt and Buzz

Post subject: Re: More of my zoo - Lots of Pics
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:49 am 

Thanks for sharing those pics with us!
Let's see, animals collected in pairs.... Do you know something I don't know???
;)

Larry

http://recovered4him.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:51 am 
Site Admin

only have one guinea pig, and one snake :) which I don;t have a recent pic of. oh and 4 dogs. :) So not exactly in twos :) I think you are safe haha :sunny:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:20 pm 

It hard not to love a man who loves animals. What a managerie! I am impressed! How do you get away for a vacation????

Don in Az

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

AWWWWW!!! These critters are so cute!

Take all the pictures you want. I love to ooh and ah over animal pics. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:33 am 

Thanks for the pictures. When do we get to see the dogs and the snake? They must be feeling left out.

I hope you are able to play with India soon. I hate it when animals are ill treated.

Don't be too quick to post a photo of the crabs or give a warning. I don't like them at all - too much like spiders.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:47 am 

Are the sugar gliders flying squirrels? Not very much meat on them (US Navy survival training experience).

I like spiders because they eat flies and other bugs I don't care to have around. My favorite spider is the jumping spider. It is amazing that they have such good vision with their simple and compound eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 am 
Site Admin

sugar gliders are australian actually. And they are marsupials. Closer to a possum than the squirrel. But pretty much when I describe them to people I often bring up flying squirrels. The gliders do have a gliding membrane.

I hate mistreated animals as well which is why we now have India. And I may end up with a senegal parrot in the not to distant future. Not sure yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:19 am 

From their looks, I didn't think they were flying squirrels.

I had a friend that was from Montanna that lived here and worked at the local veternarians. She had a pet flying squirrel.

I really enjoy birds too, but I don't really have room for anything much larger than a parakeet. They make really cool pets. All except for my current parakeet (Craig Too) were very friendly and talkative. It's great fun to see what they pick up and learn. They are very intelligent for such a small bird.

I leave their cage open as I have seen quite a few birds that were insane from being caged up in a small place.

Once I had two 'keets and Joey taught Kizzie how to speak. He really sounded strange talking, but you could understand him once you got used to it.

Kizzie was a great admirer of himself. He would fight you to get to a mirror or anything reflective.