Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

A Hunting We Will Go
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3192
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jim Wright [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  A Hunting We Will Go

Went to the woods the other day and happen to see a flash and then several more up in the trees. Saw enough of one that I knew they were squirrels. Walked around the tree and they had dissappeard. I started looking at the tree again and this is what I saw.

Image

Image

I froze and after awhile they had to see what was going on and started coming out to see and I got these shots.

Image

Image

And then they began to run again ......

Image

Image

Finally one came to see me up close .........

Image


Had a great time .... they were really fun to watch ....

Author:  ConnieS [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Wow! Wilderness Jim!!!!

:salute:
Great shots, master photographer, sir.

Author:  larrym [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Beautiful "up close and personal" squirrel pics!


___________________________

Larry

Author:  DonHen [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Squirrels are a playful and acrobatic bunch, universally, and there are lots of different species within the genus.

Great shots!

Author:  KittyR [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Image

Wow, this one looks so familiar!!

Author:  Micheal [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Kitty that is just too funny.... I can't stop laughing. I am beginning to feel a little sorry for what you all are doing to poor Les ... but have to admit its funny. I think I will remove all my pictures here before anyone gets any bright ideas.

Had to come back and add that this is the first time I have seen a cross between a red squirrel and a gray squirrel.

Author:  Jim Wright [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

KittyR wrote:
Image

Wow, this one looks so familiar!!


I bow to your creativity! That is a great fit and the wiskers make it!! I just hope he sees it!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :thumbsup: :laughing: :laughing:

Author:  Revles [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Let me first of all say Jim...these are terrific pics and you seem to be becoming a secon David Attenborough...think thats how it's spelt...but you know what I mean...some great and clear shots........

NOW>>>FOR KITTY R.....I never cease to wonder at you girl.......what with your music and many other talents........love the humour and let me just say...YOU ARE A REAL BLESSING TO THIS SITE....... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Author:  Jim Wright [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Revles wrote:
NOW>>>FOR KITTY R.....I never cease to wonder at you girl.......what with your music and many other talents........love the humour and let me just say...YOU ARE A REAL BLESSING TO THIS SITE....... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>


Well said ..... and here *tossing a few pecans on the ground* is a treat for you Ol Fellow! :laughing:

Author:  Adrian [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Super pictures Jim!

Kitty, loved yours of course.

Author:  RonKiley [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Great pictures Jim and Kitty. I am glad you went hunting them this way. Here every fall many of them are killed and end up on the table.

Author:  Jim Wright [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

RonKiley wrote:
Great pictures Jim and Kitty. I am glad you went hunting them this way. Here every fall many of them are killed and end up on the table.


Here as well ... but with the camera .. I can "shoot" them again! :D

Author:  fancypiper [in Heaven] [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Mmmm.. Squirrel pie.. Image

Author:  IanG [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

fancypiper wrote:
Mmmm.. Squirrel pie.. Image
[-(
I'd rather eat goanna. :laughing:

Shalom,
Ian

Author:  Mermaid [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

I see you are a master at photoshop too. That is too funny!

Paulette

Author:  jrc [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

fancypiper wrote:
Mmmm.. Squirrel pie.. Image


Those older ones are kinda tough ... might be more of a crock pot thing.

Author:  fancypiper [in Heaven] [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Mama (and I) simmered them until the flesh fell off the bones as the first step (other than skinning and cleaning them).

Author:  jrc [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Well then ... of course ... squirrell pie all around :laughing: .

Author:  mack [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

I wish I had more time to follow all the threads!

Jim, your hunting expedition took me along especially the last pic. It doesn't take much imagination to see that your squirrel is sitting on the head of a giant tree squirrel.

Mack of the woods

Author:  Jim Wright [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

mack wrote:
I wish I had more time to follow all the threads!

Jim, your hunting expedition took me along especially the last pic. It doesn't take much imagination to see that your squirrel is sitting on the head of a giant tree squirrel.

Mack of the woods


Yep .. you are right .... those are the ones that come out at night .. when the moon is right ... throw those giant shadows ... and then some animal lets out a "haunted" cry and the hair stands up on the back of your neck! :shock: ;)

Bet you are great with clouds as well.... I use to stretch out on the ground and watch them when I was a kid ... before TV came along!

Author:  larrym [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Hunting We Will Go

Jim Wright wrote:
mack wrote:
I wish I had more time to follow all the threads!

Jim, your hunting expedition took me along especially the last pic. It doesn't take much imagination to see that your squirrel is sitting on the head of a giant tree squirrel.

Mack of the woods


Yep .. you are right .... those are the ones that come out at night .. when the moon is right ... throw those giant shadows ... and then some animal lets out a "haunted" cry and the hair stands up on the back of your neck! :shock: ;)

Bet you are great with clouds as well.... I use to stretch out on the ground and watch them when I was a kid ... before TV came along!


Hey, I represent that remark! I used to stretch out on the ground and watch clouds as a kid, too, and that was after TV came on the scene. Of course, my Mom wouldn't let me sit in front of it all day either. She was always after me to get outside.


______________________________

Larry

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/