Praise Whistlers Abroad
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/

whistle mute
http://praisewhistlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1704
Page 1 of 1

Author:  foothillsOH [ Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:00 am ]
Post subject:  whistle mute

I did a search and could not find any topics on whistle mutes.
I recall years ago over at Chiff and Fipple a topic on whistle mutes and wanted to share this with you it really works.

Helps with those urges of wanting to whistle at all hours of the night.
Hope this pic comes through.
Image

Author:  Adrian [ Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Looks good! You could market them.

I use Bluetac.

Author:  Blackhawk [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Those are great, Laura. I remember that thread. But here in California, I've never been able to find those. I think it's an environmentalist kind of thing.

Author:  foothillsOH [ Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Blackhawk wrote:
Those are great, Laura. I remember that thread. But here in California, I've never been able to find those. I think it's an environmentalist kind of thing.


Hmmmm.... come to think of it (as she pulls the rest of the ties from the twisty ties storage jar and places them in a ziplock baggie) I can't recall the last time that I have purchased garbage bags these ties being in a box.

Darvis, I mailed you out a few to give a whirl.

I wonder if tie wraps would work? I would think they would be too thick.

Author:  Kathy [ Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:56 am ]
Post subject: 

If you place the mouth piece of the whistle just under your lower lip and blow over and into the window, It will mute it. The only thing is that when you go to the second octave it won't be there, but if your singing along in your mind, it will sound right. I do this alot if Lon has gone to bed and I am still working on a whistle song. It works really well with my Alba Q1.

Kathy :)

Author:  Adrian [ Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Kathy wrote:
If you place the mouth piece of the whistle just under your lower lip and blow over and into the window, It will mute it. The only thing is that when you go to the second octave it won't be there, but if your singing along in your mind, it will sound right. I do this alot if Lon has gone to bed and I am still working on a whistle song. It works really well with my Alba Q1.

Kathy :)


Yes but if you do this in bed and your partner is asleep and the whistle slips up the sudden blast on the whistle can get you into all kinds of trouble!!

Author:  Kathy [ Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Adrian wrote:
Kathy wrote:
If you place the mouth piece of the whistle just under your lower lip and blow over and into the window, It will mute it. The only thing is that when you go to the second octave it won't be there, but if your singing along in your mind, it will sound right. I do this alot if Lon has gone to bed and I am still working on a whistle song. It works really well with my Alba Q1.

Kathy :)


Yes but if you do this in bed and your partner is asleep and the whistle slips up the sudden blast on the whistle can get you into all kinds of trouble!!


:lol: Adrian, It sounds like this might have happened to you? I usually play in the office when I am doing this so I don't get into trouble. ;)

Kathy :)

Author:  Blackhawk [ Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

foothillsOH wrote:

Darvis, I mailed you out a few to give a whirl.
Thanks, Laura!! I really appreciate this. They will get lots of use!

Author:  Blackhawk [ Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Laura, the whistle mutes arrived! I can't thank you enough! These will get lots of use. And thanks for the note you sent, too. :)

Author:  foothillsOH [ Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:06 am ]
Post subject: 

Blackhawk wrote:
Laura, the whistle mutes arrived! I can't thank you enough! These will get lots of use. And thanks for the note you sent, too. :)



Glad they arrived safely!!!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/