Praise Whistlers Abroad
   Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: been busy in the whistle shop
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:24 pm 

This is the latest from the shop. It is a conical copper bore with a gray, and white pvc head in the key of D. No copper taste in the mouth. The first one (not shown) was beat into shape on a railroad anvil. Then I turned a tapered mandrel/anvil to shape the next two. There is a seam on the bottom, and it is flush with the circumference, and smooth. The wind way is curved with a delrin plug. What does it sound like, a Copeland of course. Not bad for a quiet guy, that wrote only one compound sentence to describe it. ;) The one on the right has a brass tip, and the one on the left has a copper tip. Have some other projects going on but not ready for prime time or clues. :D

:wave:

Now if I could get Micheal to come over, and show me how to make sound clips?

Post subject: Re: been busy in the whistle shop
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Cool looking whistle, Tommy. What price are you placing on these? I may just hear WhOA calling ..... 8)

BTW, I also read this on the Chiff. I've got some black delrin sitting around if you want some to play with.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 pm 

Judy K wrote:
Cool looking whistle, Tommy. What price are you placing on these? I may just hear WhOA calling ..... 8)

BTW, I also read this on the Chiff. I've got some black delrin sitting around if you want some to play with.

Thank you Judy. I still have some tooling glitches to iron out before I price it. My goal was to make a whistle with high end qualities and a mid price range. But since that other fellow nicely asked about getting the head in a black color, I may have to offer more than one. I do have some black delrin but machining it will cost more than using PVC. I will be away from my shop for the next three weeks teaching Boy scouts how to wood carve. It will be a few months before I have the tooling glitches worked out. Thank you for the offer of the delrin, and when I have one ready you are at the top of the pre tour list.

:wave:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, kind sir. Love to be on the pre-tour list! \:D/ :)

I have both white & black delrin tubes from McMaster-Carr if that would help with the machining process -- when you get back from Boy Scout camp.

Have fun! :wave: