Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: OPEN!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 am 
Site Admin

All the forums are now open again. We'll endeavor to keep the unwanted users at bay but be aware and don't open or click on anything that looks suspicious or out of character with the general tone of the board.

=D> :thumbsup: :sunny:

Post subject: Re: OPEN!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Nice to see all the forums open again. :party:

Ah ... fair warning to anyone venturing into the photo archives -- a great deal of the pictures are gone. Photobucket decided that their services deserved a large ransom .. er .. fee for sharing pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 am 
Site Admin

Judy K wrote:
Nice to see all the forums open again. :party:

Ah ... fair warning to anyone venturing into the photo archives -- a great deal of the pictures are gone. Photobucket decided that their services deserved a large ransom .. er .. fee for sharing pictures.

Yes it is!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 am 

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

:wave:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 am 

Judy K wrote:

Hmmmmm........ :-k Any suggestions for other ways to put up pictures. I notice there is a lot of new sevice bussiness on the internet that have one thing in common. They all want a monthly fee if you use it on not.

It is very easy to fall into a monthly fee sevice. They start by offering the first month ''free''. Then it changes to atomatic billing. I have fell for this two times and it was an ordeal #-o to cancel and be removed. [-(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:17 pm 
PWA Founder

Yes JRC thank you!

I have always been a Picasa fan but Window 10 threw that into confusion so all my pictures are now in Google Photos and/or Google Drive and/or Google+. I don't know how it works but it seems to.
I avoid putting any on FB or Instagram or at any of the photo sites.
Mack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

I think Connie said Flickr still works for free. A couple of people on C&F mentioned postimage.org. Haven't checked it out. I just downsize the picture enough to do a direct upload on the forum. Just not sure I trust any 'free' sites now; first Image Shack goes $$$ only and now Photobucket. :P PPFFFFTTT!!

Mack, I hate Windows 10! :? (Have a new laptop sitting idle to prove it.) I'm still nursing my old Windows 7 laptop along and hoping it lasts until something better comes along.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:24 am 
Site Admin

You can attach photos to the post, much the same you would an email but I'm not sure if there are size restrictions:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:05 am 
Site Admin

mack wrote:
Yes JRC thank you!

Wouldn't have happened without Judy and Connie. I may have kinda been the point of contact but it was definitely a team effort.

Love this place and these folks ....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 pm 

test :-k

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:20 pm 

Tommy wrote:
test :-k

Hmmmmmm........ :-k Not sure how I did that or if I can put up another pic from my PC. LOL LOL :lol:

Well some my pictures will not show but a message pops up saying invaild? And then a few I am able to attach?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

test ...

... Pushing my luck. Pictures are by Keith (khl) and Ian that I had saved. (Downloaded a lot of the gorgeous photos here for desktop backgrounds.) Thought this would give me limits but they must both be within the requirements. Interesting that two can be done on the same post.

File -> browse -> find your picture on your computer -> click add file -> do a 'preview' to see if it worked -> submit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Tommy wrote:
Well some my pictures will not show but a message pops up saying invaild? And then a few I am able to attach?

Tommy, I think the invalid shows up if there aren't any words in the post box. It showed up when I was trying the post above and went away when I typed in 'test'. Please notice the "I think", which means it is only a best guess and not any actual knowledge -- okay? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:23 pm 

Judy K wrote:
File -> browse -> find your picture on your computer -> click add file -> do a 'preview' to see if it worked -> submit.

Yes I think that is about what I did. Sometimes the picture would appear and sometimes it would say ''The image file you tried to attach is invalid''.

It seems like I was able to use pictures I took with my lap top PC camara or from the internet but unable to use pictures in the same collection that came from my external camara sim card.
I will try some more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

The picture here was taken with my camera, but still uploaded from my computer. (Fine, fine whistles, aren't they? 8) ) Back to guessing again, the pictures from your camera card might exceed the size limit. Try resizing the picture. I trimmed and resized this whistle picture to get rid of dreck in the background.

Maybe Connie will have some suggestions? :-k

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 pm 

OK, I will study how to resize.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmm. Let's see.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

That's a fairly easy way to do it. Not as pretty as an embedded photo, but it gets the job done.

I uploaded and attached that photo from my phone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:33 pm 

It took me some time, trial, and error, but I have found where and what to click to edit my pictures. So far I can only crop them down to size but not resize the whole picture.
This is my grand daughter after croping twice. I also found that clicking on picture in the post made it larger in another window.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

=D> :thumbsup:

Pretty grandbaby, Tommy!

Tommy, is your computer a Windows or Mac Computer? I know nothing about Mac. In Windows, you can "send" your picture to Paint where there is a "resize" option as well as a "crop" option. Well .... maybe. I'm still on a Windows 7 computer and ignoring my Windows 10 computer because it lost some functions and programs I used regularly. Apparently Microsoft decided that their customers need to buy what was once a free program.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:28 am 

Judy K wrote:
=D> :thumbsup:
Pretty grandbaby, Tommy!
Tommy, is your computer a Windows or Mac Computer? I know nothing about Mac. In Windows, you can "send" your picture to Paint where there is a "resize" option as well as a "crop" option.

Thank you Judy. The picture is two years old and she is coming up on birthday three now.

We have a MacBook Pro. I tried again this morning to find a resize but still only able to crop it down in size. I am guessing :-k I need another type of software.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Not a Mac guy so I really can't help much, but found this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Resize-Pictures-(for-Macs)

and this:

How do I reduce the size of a picture on a Mac?
To reduce an image's file size without changing its dimensions:
Choose Tools > Adjust Size.
Select “Resample image.”
Enter a smaller value in the Resolution field

That second option sounds odd to me - be careful, wouldn't want to ruin a good pic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:59 pm 

Thank you JRC. Right now I am using pictures I might loose, but have others.
I looked at the link but think I will have to print it to try it. It is a lot to look :-k at for a senior. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm 

Resize Picture

OK I tried both but some of the comands I did not find so I am still at only being able to crop and not resize. I do thank you all for your help.

I can't show the before croping picture but this machine is gone so I do not need the picture. :lol:

:-k hmmmm...Guess I could step back when I snap a picture then after croping the subject would still be there. Then a viewer could click it to see it larger. Or would they need a Mac to do that?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

Tommy, when I crop a picture I usually rename the cropped image (save as) and retain the original. Image0498 becomes image0498_edit or image0498b. Keeping it the same name means it will end up in sequence in the original file ... in the Windows world. Seems like Mac should be similar in this respect -- maybe. :-k