Susanne
Site Admin

Back from my hiding place

Today I've finally submitted the final assignment for the graphic design course I've been on during the autumn. What a relief! I've been so, so busy and I'm absolutely exhausted now!
But now I'll have more time for music again. I joined a concertina workshop with Noel Hill on Sunday night which was lovely. I hope to even get the guts to record myself again soon!

How are you all doing?
jimwasson

Re: Back from my hiding place

Hope you're recovering well from your course, and glad that you have completed it.

it's good that you're able to play more now, and engage in learning about playing. Look forward to you doing a little music recording (and sharing here.)

I'm generally doing well. Am finding that I need to be a little more careful in what I do and how I do it as I increase in age.

Currently making some effort at getting rid of unnecessary stuff. We've been in our house a little over 40 years, and things have accumulated.
Susanne
Site Admin

How nice for you to do some declutterung, Jim! 40 years is a long time.
Getting back to recording is hard! I tend to be too much perfectionist about it, but I’ll give it a try next week, this week I’m busy with the concertina to prep for the next Noel Hill class and a special session on Thursday.

I don’t do much church music anymore though, only some bluegrass gospel songs, otherwise it’s mixed bluegrass and Irish tunes. My concertina playing is definitely not recording-worthy yet.
jimwasson

Don't think church music is required here, but you could ask the board administrator. :D Yes, recording is daunting; I've decided that, for myself, submitting a recording when it's "pretty good" is all right, even if there are a few unintended sounds. Maybe I'm just more tolerant of my many flaws as I increase in years.

Will look forward to your next recording.
Susanne
Site Admin

Hahaha, yes, but the forum admin is so grumpy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I totally agree with recording, there's no reason to be a perfectionist. I'll have something ready soon because we're planning to get our YouTube active again asap and I've also promised to record for a lady we met at the bluegrass festival in Donegal, she was interested in learning some of my songs.
jimwasson

Wonderful! Looking forward to your music, whenever you are able to provide it.

Sounds like you've made some pretty good musical connections.

Return to “Mingle and chat”