Login    
   Praise Whistlers Abroad
   Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Jump to:  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Is there a "sound site " like photobucket?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:04 am
Posts: 664
Location: Central Texas
Is there a site that we can throw up a clip ... just for a short period and then remove it .. like photobucket is for pictures?

_________________
We are not perfect .... just forgiven!


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 491
any number of places give small free webspaces.. yahoo for example.

or if you want to spend just a bit hit godaddy.com and pick up thier 4 dollar a month hosting service. plenty of space then :)


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:18 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 358
Location: 1.7 Miles East of Oklahoma
EZFolk.com

See my siggy. ;)
|
|
|
|
V

_________________
The Ultimate 3G Network:

GOD the Father
GOD the Son
GOD the Holy Spirit


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:52 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Colorado, USA
Hey Jim,

I just signed up for an account at myDataBus because I was looking for a place to put several different file types.

It's only just slightly more complicated that PhotoBucket, but my test video worked on myDataBus and it won't on PhotoBucket, so I might just switch over!

Kitty

_________________
"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things."
Isaiah 45:7 NIV


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:04 am
Posts: 664
Location: Central Texas
KittyR wrote:
Hey Jim,

I just signed up for an account at myDataBus because I was looking for a place to put several different file types.

It's only just slightly more complicated that PhotoBucket, but my test video worked on myDataBus and it won't on PhotoBucket, so I might just switch over!

Kitty

Thanks and how do you manage to put it in white as a link without putting the link in? Looks neater ..

_________________
We are not perfect .... just forgiven!


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:51 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
I use http://www.fileden.com. It gives you lots of bandwidth, which is important for sound files.

Audrey

_________________
Is leigheas é an ceol ar an anam briste


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:52 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Colorado, USA
Jim Wright wrote:
Thanks and how do you manage to put it in white as a link without putting the link in? Looks neater ..


Like this (with extra spaces so you can see what's happening in the code):

[ url = http://whatever_your_link_url_is_here.com ] Link name [ /url ]


When you type it in, leave out the spaces or it won't display as a link. The above with the spaces left out looks like this:
Link name


Kitty

_________________
"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things."
Isaiah 45:7 NIV


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:04 am
Posts: 664
Location: Central Texas
KittyR wrote:
Jim Wright wrote:
Thanks and how do you manage to put it in white as a link without putting the link in? Looks neater ..


Like this (with extra spaces so you can see what's happening in the code):

[ url = http://whatever_your_link_url_is_here.com ] Link name [ /url ]


When you type it in, leave out the spaces or it won't display as a link. The above with the spaces left out looks like this:
Link name


Kitty

hmmm .. ok .. maybe .. I got it .. then again .. maybe I don't .. time will tell!

_________________
We are not perfect .... just forgiven!


 Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:28 am
Posts: 92
Location: New Enterprise, PA. USA
Jim Wright wrote:
KittyR wrote:
Jim Wright wrote:
Thanks and how do you manage to put it in white as a link without putting the link in? Looks neater ..


Like this (with extra spaces so you can see what's happening in the code):

[ url = http://whatever_your_link_url_is_here.com ] Link name [ /url ]

When you type it in, leave out the spaces or it won't display as a link. The above with the spaces left out looks like this:
Link name
Kitty


hmmm .. ok .. maybe .. I got it .. then again .. maybe I don't .. time will tell!


Jim,

One way to figure out how someone put something up like a special link, is to go to that post and click on the "quote button" and when the new window opens up, you can see exactly how they have done it.

Kathy :)

_________________
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~


 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
phpBB skin developed by: John Olson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group