Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: Women in Worship
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:27 am 

Hi, all,

I hope this is okay to post here (wasn't sure of the best place), but I thought it may apply to some of us! :)

Myself & a friend (Mandy of http://blendingworship.wordpress.com) have just begun a weblog & listing for women in the worship ministry (whether you're a worship leader, singer, musician, or just a worshiper in your church's congregation or your own personal time!) We hope that this will connect women with a passion to serve & worship God, as well as serve as a resource. We hope to have guest bloggers, interviews, reviews & more.

Also, Women in Worship will serve as a sort of listing of women in worship who have web sites, weblogs, or even myspace pages--any place you can link to Women in Worship to help connect other women passionate about worshiping our Lord & Saviour!

I'd love it if you would check us out, & join if this applies. We're also looking for guest bloggers, women to review books, recordings, web sites, & more, as well as interviewees.

Women in Worship :: http://womeninworship.wordpress.com

I look forward to connecting with more women in worship & with a passion for Jesus Christ!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:52 am 

Cool! This idea has a lot of potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:14 am 

Blackhawk wrote:
Cool! This idea has a lot of potential.

Oh good, I was hoping I wouldn't be the only man to read this.

Sounds awesome tho! God's blessings to you guys.... girls.... yeah!

Web Page: http://yeruvan.googlepages.com
Blog: http://chiasticsarcast.livejournal.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm 

Thanks for reading anyway! :)

I'm looking forward to getting connected & connecting other women in worship ministry. Hopefully this will amount to something useful for all of us (& anyone in worship ministry, for that matter!) :)

Amanda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:52 pm 

i find myself not particularly in favour of separating the sexes in this way.......your motives are good ' i am sure.........and i am very much aware that there remains much discrimination..........we saw it over here in the women in the priesthood controversy...........i stirred the hornets nest a bit by declaring that i was not in favour.....after the noise and shouting cooled I explained that neither was I, from a Biblical standpoint, in favour of a separate priesthood for men.........I was ..and remain a Church of England ordained priest.........but i am more convinced than ever these days of the 'priesthood of all believers'........that is not to deny the role of leaders in the churches.......but they must realize they are not and never were intended to be dictators as i have seen so many become or try to become..........the church of Jesus is a body in which all share.......SO......God bless in what you do but DO NOT become exclusive. The whole worship leading thing is in some places in danger of getting out of hand anyway...that is not to say we do not need them.....and we certainly need good musicians.....it can all be wonderful.but so many worship leaders become...or see themselves as the stars of the show.........sort of American football cheer leaders........true worship is an awesome thing.............I have heard a thousand or more folk break into singing,humming, using words to unkwon songs...just letting their voice go with the flow in wonderful swooping undulating harmonies...like a sea of corn in the wind........no leaders....no set structure...........but such blessing for all........a bit provocative perhaps this post but you are, of course all free to comment ...you may even disagree :D .my love Les.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:25 pm 

for shame ... Les ... gone to picking on the ladies now .. have ya ??? :D

I knew if you were around you would have to reply to this one ... felt in my bones!!!

Will add a little fuel to the fire .... LOL .... didn't Jesus do most of his work out of the church building???? (sneaking out the back door ..... down the street and around the corner) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:33 pm 

I find it odd that only men have posted to this thread, except of course for Fluteress..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 pm 

I was picking on Les ...

I think the idea is great and you will probably have a lot of response ... perhaps the women are shy ..... :shock: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:11 pm 

Revles wrote:
i find myself not particularly in favour of separating the sexes in this way.

What do you think of ladies only vocal groups? Personally, I love both all male and all female choirs. In fact, I love all vocal groups, especially if they are acapella.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:55 pm 

Les,

I just wanted to say that we aren't trying to separate at all, but we are trying to connect other women in worship ministry to each other because, in all honesty & in my own & that of others' experiences I know of, it has been difficult to find them otherwise. We don't want to put off men who are worship leaders, there are so many that I look up to as well, but we just want a place to connect without having to spend countless hours searching the internet, & that really goes for anyone in worship ministry in general. We just thought it would be a great idea as a place to bring it together, & also provide resources, not just for women, but all in worship ministries.

Thank you as well as the others who have commented. It is much appreciated! :)

Now, I think we need to get some Irish whistle talk in here.. Anyone playing anything in their services on whistle this week? Oddly enough, I'm playing more whistle than flute or singing this week! We're doing Be The Centre & some other worship songs that I mainly ad lib on & happen to be playing whistle for many of these. :)

Do any of you know Lead Us, Lord? We're doing this one as well, but unfortunately I don't own an E whistle... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, fluteress! Put an E whistle on your shopping list, especially if your church indulges in guitar-driven worship. Guitarists tend to be addicted to the key of E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:20 pm 

fluteress wrote:

Now, I think we need to get some Irish whistle talk in here.. Anyone playing anything in their services on whistle this week? Oddly enough, I'm playing more whistle than flute or singing this week! We're doing Be The Centre & some other worship songs that I mainly ad lib on & happen to be playing whistle for many of these. :)
I was asked to play but I'm giving a presentation for the kid's ministry, so I had to go with who asked me first. Durn! I haven't played in church for a couple of months, and now I'm too busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda, I think this looks like a great thing, thanks for sharing. I do think that there's something special that we as women have to offer each other, and to offer to the Body of Christ.

To all the guys here at PWA: y'all are alright. We love ya. :mrgreen:

Dana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:06 pm 

Thanks, Dana! :)

& yes, I agree, we can't live without the guys either! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

ConnieS wrote:
Guitarists tend to be addicted to the key of E.

Not this one. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

This one. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:44 am 

Not this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:27 am 
Site Admin

I love thread drift! Make this place such a fascinating read. :D

Amanda, I really enjoyed reading your tribute to your grandmother and her faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:43 am 

Quote:
Amanda, I really enjoyed reading your tribute to your grandmother and her faith.

Thank you. I appreciate that. :)