Praise Whistlers Abroad
   Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: Merry Christmas to me in November
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:27 pm 

So, I really intended to keep my Dixon Alloy Low D a year. I really am pleased it is being enjoyed by Shan back east. I really did not intend to jump at this deal, but, remember when I said I wanted an instrument all made of one metal????

Well, I could blame Keith, who played his new Reviol, I could blame my tendency to be just enough of a rebel not to buy what everyone else has,
I could blame the seller that it sat on the C&F market long enough for me to ask if it was still on the market. But, honestly, I must have WhoA?!!!

Reviol Low D and Low C tube on the way from Australia to Arizona as we speak. I promise and vow, before God and my county, that this will be the lows I fall in love with and get really proficient on. Honest, really, no I really mean it. Cool black anondized aluminum, sweet sound on the clips the aussie brother played, same toy owned by my menor and hero Keith. Yep, this is sweet. Now, what would you suggest I do when my wife sees a large paypal debit on our checking account?????

Love,

Don in AZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

I saw someone on C&F named Don from AZ and I thought it might be you.

Congratulations ... it looked like a good deal. Keith's certainly sounds nice ... post us a song!!! Clips please!!!

blessings

jrc

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas to me in November
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:23 pm 

DonHen wrote:
So, I really intended to keep my Dixon Alloy Low D a year. I really am pleased it is being enjoyed by Shan back east. I really did not intend to jump at this deal, but, remember when I said I wanted an instrument all made of one metal????

Well, I could blame Keith, who played his new Reviol, I could blame my tendency to be just enough of a rebel not to buy what everyone else has,
I could blame the seller that it sat on the C&F market long enough for me to ask if it was still on the market. But, honestly, I must have WhoA?!!!

Reviol Low D and Low C tube on the way from Australia to Arizona as we speak. I promise and vow, before God and my county, that this will be the lows I fall in love with and get really proficient on. Honest, really, no I really mean it. Cool black anondized aluminum, sweet sound on the clips the aussie brother played, same toy owned by my menor and hero Keith. Yep, this is sweet. Now, what would you suggest I do when my wife sees a large paypal debit on our checking account?????

Love,

Don in AZ

Don, first of all, you are in serious trouble if you've taken me to be your mentor and hero. This is like taking Norm from Cheers as your model of responsibility, or Barney Fife as your mentor for learning to be a good deputy.

As for the paypal debit: Fess up right now, before your wife ever sees it. But be sure to mention what a great deal it was and how much you saved from what it costs full price. Then sincerely, unequivocally, blame it all on someone else. Blackhawk already blamed me for his having to be so many good CDs that I'd recommended. (He purposely did not let his wife see me when they were in Hawaii. I owe my continued existence to this fact.) So blame me if it will help. But it would probably be better if you found a whole group of people you can blame for the fact that you just had to buy the Reviol. You've already got something of a list going in your post -- add others from PWA, maybe everyone at PWA. Blame good musicians everywhere. Blame the muses. Blame Adam and Eve. Blame Canada if you must. Blame boldly.

We're all behind you every step of the way. (We may be so far behind that you can't see us, but we're behind you.)

Oh, and Merry Christmas. (In fact if things are going badly, you can always say "You don't need to buy me anything for Christmas. The Reviol can be your gift to me.")

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:51 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Oh, and Merry Christmas. (In fact if things are going badly, you can always say "You don't need to buy me anything for Christmas. The Reviol can be your gift to me.")

Don't do it ... you won't see them until the 25th... trust me here ... I did it last year. A Syn set and Cheiftain Low D were in my house for about two months and I couldn't touch 'em.

Blame us ... yeah .... that's it .... that's the ticket. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas to me in November
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:18 pm 

DonHen wrote:

Reviol Low D and Low C tube on the way from Australia to Arizona as we speak. I promise and vow, before God and my county, that this will be the lows I fall in love with and get really proficient on. Honest, really, no I really mean it.

Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before.

:lol:

(...and SAID it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:46 pm 

Wow, a whistler from Hawaii... that instrument really has moved far!!!!!