Praise Whistlers Abroad
   Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: A walk in town
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:45 am 

With no Susan about I went for a walk around town this morning and took the baby digital.

Grapevine

Autumn leaves

A tree in town

Old doors and windows fascinate me

Turkish style house

Another

Sleepy swan

The town river

Who needs jewels?

Interesting mud formation

Begger at the Orthodox church. She was very friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:28 pm 

I love these pictures Adrian. The leaves here have lost all there color and it is cold and dreary. I have had a cold with constant coughing and haven't been able to play. I have no breath control at all right now. I have a new Hohner wooden recorder that I haven't been able to play much. I like the picture of the door. The lock appears to be unnecessary. The picture of the beggar is very nice. Our beggars are not nearly so colorful.

Psalms 118:24

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:57 pm 

RonKiley wrote:
I love these pictures Adrian. The leaves here have lost all there color and it is cold and dreary. I have had a cold with constant coughing and haven't been able to play. I have no breath control at all right now. I have a new Hohner wooden recorder that I haven't been able to play much. I like the picture of the door. The lock appears to be unnecessary. The picture of the beggar is very nice. Our beggars are not nearly so colorful.

Thank you Ron. I hope you get better soon. I like the door as well. I'm not sure why it looks slightly blue as it was not the blue light of pre dawn. I'll go and have a look tomorrow. I confess that I sometimes use the flash to brighten up the colours of leaves.

Rest and get well soon.

Post subject: Re: A walk in town
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

Adrian wrote:
Grapevine

Nice colors in that one. Looks like a fantasy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:08 pm 

Adrian, I see in your future a "coffee table book" of your photos. They are that good, always.

Post subject: Re: A walk in town
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:00 pm 

ConnieS wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Grapevine

Nice colors in that one. Looks like a fantasy.

Thank you. I found this vine next to the fire station. Natural colours but the leaves are lit from below with the camera flash, otherwise they would have been silhouetted against the blue sky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:54 pm 

I wish you would quit walking and shooting ...you are driving me nuts! :D Makes me want to go and shoot and not take care of business ... and Myrna is wanting money for bills. She is funny that way!!! :shock:

Your pictures are great and am with Ron ... our beggers tend to have long hair ... beards ... dirty clothes and live in penthouses... if you believe the local TV stations.

Ron .... hope you heal fast .. a day without whistles is a bad day indeed!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:02 pm 

Jim Wright wrote:
I wish you would quit walking and shooting ...you are driving me nuts! :D Makes me want to go and shoot and not take care of business ... and Myrna is wanting money for bills. She is funny that way!!! :shock:

Your pictures are great and am with Ron ... our beggers tend to have long hair ... beards ... dirty clothes and live in penthouses... if you believe the local TV stations.

Ron .... hope you heal fast .. a day without whistles is a bad day indeed!!! :D

Easy answer! You were once a pro photographer so why not cover portraits and weddings again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:46 pm 

My equipment is not that good .... and I actually enjoy clock repair ... plus ... you have ruined me for studio work or posed shots. I have shot a variety of subjects in the last year and had fun. I haven't had any drunk groomsmen or inlaws or outlaws throw up on me..... or mothers get mad when I couldn't make their screaming child look like a happy .. beautiful angel!!! That was another time and another life. They weren't the only ones throwing up a lot of the time. It is a wonder that I turned out the quality that I did. Or... perhaps I shot better when I was not in control ... who knows.

Anyhow .... I enjoy shooting the things of God much more than the commerical end of things. Were I to charge it would become work .. and that would ruin it I am afraid.

I will just sit and groan when I see your work ... and wish I was out as well...... maybe Myrna will loosen the chains a little more if I work a little harder when I am in!!! :laughing:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:48 am 
Site Admin

Nice additions to my "Adrian" folder .... :mrgreen:

Going against the grain, I find the mud formation intriguing ... the bird foot prints, wondering how it got formed, the shadows and thinking Adrian probably got muddy getting that picture from that angle. 8)