Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: Fun with pics
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

Well, it's been a wonderful day and I have the pictures to prove it. Only had the compact this weekend, unfortunately.

First Whistlenut came over and we played whistles and talked and stuff. He's given me his high G Gen since his fingers are far to big for it. After he left I caught my oldest daughter playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on it.
She's really taken to that whistle because her fingers are small.

So this kid earned us a real treat today. You see, she wrote a book--a four page book, handwritten with illustration, an adventure she had with her dad sledding. A band practice she was telling my friend Deborah about it, and Deborah wanted to buy a copy. (You have to know Deborah. She treats kids as equals and has a real rapport with them.) My daughter did not want to sell a copy. She wanted to give it away. Deborah insisted that she had to buy it. My daughter insisted that she would only give it away. I took her aside and suggested she think of a trade. She thought it over and offered Deborah the book for a day of sledding. Deborah, you see, has one of the best sledding hills in central Illinois. They agreed, shook hands, we scanned the book and Deborah was a happy customer.

Today with a gleaming blanket of snow, Deborah happily paid up. This afternoon we piled in the car and drove out of town for sledding.

This was much different than past grand sledding parties. It was just the family mellowing out...Deborah's husband just got a new record player and they were enjoying old records they hadn't heard in years. That I haven't heard in years. The Beatles...there was a great Linda Ronstadt record. Nice.

This is the place we spent Christmas Eve. Nice memories here. Mellowing out to great, scratchy music.

When we went outside it was just the girls and I.

On the way to Central Il.'s best sledding hill I snapped this one of a bird house.

I've gotten sledding pictures on this hill in the past, and it was just the girls, so I didn't really snap any of the hill. Here's an old one from last year:

And footage of me wiping out on a ramp on the hill (last year):

Today the girls sledded and I built another of my igloos. My youngest came over and helped out.

Then she got tired and went inside. I got this far:

Then I got tired and went inside.

I snapped a bunch of bird pictures:

I wish I'd had a better camera for this one:

And Deborah let me take a picture of this instrument which she says is a zither.

Another seize the moment day for sure.

Post subject: Re: Fun with pics
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:44 pm 

Boy, did those pics make me yearn for my childhood days of sledding! Wonderful pics. I especially like the one of the bird flying from the bird house. And records!I can't even remember the last time I listened to a record! I'd love to hear some old Linda Ronstadt music right now.
You certainly had a "seize" the moment day, Connie. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Larry

http://recovered4him.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:59 pm 

Wooo woo .... sounds like a great day ... and I liked the pictures ... you had fun taking them ... I had fun looking at them .. think that is what photography is really all about.

Myrna gave me a record player/cassette play/cd player for my birthday and I have had lots of fun with the old records. They bring back memories as much as my fotos do.

I am glad that your daughter is a trader .. you might never have been able to make the trip otherwise ... my compliments on her writing abilities... encourage it! Then when she is rich and famous and you are old and gray .. she can take care of you!!!! :laughing:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:56 pm 

What a splendid day. It gave your family some happy memories to look back on. Love the whistle picture. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:56 am 

Beautiful pictures and a great day. Your eldest daughter certainly knows how to relax when playing the whistle. I love the photo of Sarah in the igloo. It must have been very cold.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:03 am 

I just love the picture with your daughter playing the whistle!! Looks so nice and cosy and relaxing!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:52 am 

great heart warming pics.....love the treasure chest....any treasure in it :?: ...the 'zither' we tend to call an auto harp over here...simple and effective to sing with.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Susan wrote:
It must have been very cold.

Our snow clothing is good to forty below Fahrenheit. It wasn't too cold for the clothing. Right around the freezing point. I did find that my snow pants aren't actually waterproof. I was on my knees smoothing off bricks to add the next layer and chinking them up and stuff. My knees felt a bit cold for some reason. When I got indoors they were soaking wet. The kids wear more expensive gear, though. Theirs is waterproof from neck to foot.

To complete an igloo...that is on my updated list of things to do before I die.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

Jim Wright wrote:
I am glad that your daughter is a trader .. you might never have been able to make the trip otherwise ... my compliments on her writing abilities... encourage it! Then when she is rich and famous and you are old and gray .. she can take care of you!!!! :laughing:

Yes, and Deborah will have a first edition to sell on ebay. That should set her up in her old age. :laughing: