Praise Whistlers Abroad
   Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: Fast food
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:23 pm 

Do you like fast food? I do myself sometimes and tonight I fancied a McDonald's but the nearest one is 200 miles away and a 4 1/2 hour train journey! :(

Here in Greece the main fast food is the gyros.

What do you have for fast food near you?

Post subject: Re: Fast food
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

This is the U.S. We have two McDonalds to cover a town of 15,000. :roll:

There are a couple of fast Chinese places. You can get sushi at one of them. Fast pizza, fast Mexican food, fast hamburgers, of course. We have a sub shop that will make pretty good gyros, but I'll bet yours are better.

I do not care for fast hamburgers. I get sick on them. But when I do want them, I'll go to Wendy's. I like their burgers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Well there's a McDonald's about a mile from my house but you couldn't pay me to eat there! Blech! :P

Fast food favorites: Wendy's, Chick-fil-a, Qdoba Mexican Grill, Quizno's Subs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:38 pm 

Connie, you have got me drooling again. I moving to the USA!

Now I want a Mexican but for that I have to go to another country (Macedonia) where they have a nice one in the capital city Skopje.

You guys are toooooo blessed with nice food.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:55 pm 

Here my favorites are KFC but only the 3 strip meal with potato wedges and coleslaw. My wife and I split one. I eat 2 strips and the potato wedges. She eats 1 strip and the cole slaw. We split the biscuit. The other is Moby Dick's House of Kebab. I choose chicken kebab with hummus and flat bread.

Psalms 118:24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:14 pm 

Adrian wrote:
Do you like fast food? I do myself sometimes and tonight I fancied a McDonald's but the nearest one is 200 miles away

Don't worry Adrian. We here are all within five minuets of a MacDonald's. So next time you feel a Mac attack coming on just let us know, and we can mail it to you. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:51 pm 

Tommy wrote:
Don't worry Adrian. We here are all within five minuets of a MacDonald's. So next time you feel a Mac attack coming on just let us know, and we can mail it to you. \:D/
But I thought you weren't allowed to mail hazardous substances! [-( :-k :laughing:

Shalom,
Ian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:05 pm 

Adrian wrote:
Near where we live we have greasy chicken (AKA barbeque chicken), kebabs, Chinese, Italian, Thai, pizza, fish and chips and a "noodle in a box" place. MacDonald's, Hungry Jack's (Burger King), Subway and KFC are further away and not worth the effort unless we're going past.

Our favourite is the Thai restaurant.

Shalom,
Ian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:35 pm 

Tommy wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Do you like fast food? I do myself sometimes and tonight I fancied a McDonald's but the nearest one is 200 miles away

Sure, you can email me a large attachment!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 pm 

My favorite hamburger is Burger King .. and they are about that big as the one the woman is holding. I also like subways and Mexican Food (if it is the real thing) ... we have a lot of very good eating places near us and we seem to visit them fairly regularly. We go a lot and it is convenient.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:21 am 

McDonalds and Burger King etc. of course; and random ethnic places- mostly Chinese and Indian (well, Indian around here- I'm right off the block from Devon). There's a Peruvian place too, but I dunno if it's fast food (I've only eaten there). Ironically I don't knwo too any other Hispanic fast food joints. I like to hit the ethnic places, becuase the food is real good, and usually very reasonably priced. My family has a tradition of getting pizza and either nan or something chinese for supper Fridays.

The best place, though, is Vienna Beef. Chicago place, all kinds of meat, and they've usually got good gyros too, which are my favorite. The one some miles south and west, at Kedzie and Diversey, or thereabouts, makes the best- real huge, not enough sauce but they're not sparse, the meat's not too dry... man I'm hungry now.

Web Page: http://yeruvan.googlepages.com
Blog: http://chiasticsarcast.livejournal.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:29 am 
Site Admin

TheSpoonMan wrote:
McDonalds and Burger King etc. of course; and random ethnic places- mostly Chinese and Indian (well, Indian around here- I'm right off the block from Devon). There's a Peruvian place too, but I dunno if it's fast food (I've only eaten there). Ironically I don't knwo too any other Hispanic fast food joints. I like to hit the ethnic places, becuase the food is real good, and usually very reasonably priced. My family has a tradition of getting pizza and either nan or something chinese for supper Fridays.

The best place, though, is Vienna Beef. Chicago place, all kinds of meat, and they've usually got good gyros too, which are my favorite. The one some miles south and west, at Kedzie and Diversey, or thereabouts, makes the best- real huge, not enough sauce but they're not sparse, the meat's not too dry... man I'm hungry now.

Chicago has Goose Island too ... I don't do the beer thing anymore, but that's a great microbrewery and restaurant. I don't think it qualifies as fast food though.

I do remember however a little hot dog stand near the Hancock Tower on a side street that was fast and OUTSTANDING! don't recall the name, though.

Makes me want a Brat with brown mustard and kraut - OH YEAH! Breakfast of champions!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:59 am 

Well, in town (about 10 minutes away) there is a McDonalds and a Sonic.
The nearest cities are 30 minutes away. The one I go to college at has McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendys, Sonic... that's all I can think of, as far as fast food is concerned. I'm not sure if the places in the mall are fast food or not.
I think Wendys is my favorite, but I'm not really sure.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:25 am 

We have all the typical fast food places.........McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Subway, pizza places, Chinese places, one restaurant with a sushi bar (ugh), don't think this one is a fast food, though, Italian restaurants with take-out, but really not fast-food....just convenient. Wendy's - is our favorite and all the ones around us closed because the owner went bankrupt from dipping his hand in his own till. We're not happy. Burger King is the one we go to now, when we go.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:55 am 

Lyn D wrote:
We have all the typical fast food places.........McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Subway, pizza places, Chinese places, one restaurant with a sushi bar (ugh), don't think this one is a fast food, though, Italian restaurants with take-out, but really not fast-food....just convenient. Wendy's - is our favorite and all the ones around us closed because the owner went bankrupt from dipping his hand in his own till. We're not happy. Burger King is the one we go to now, when we go.

No Wendy's? My brother would shrivel up and die. He loves to get chicken strips, fries, and a frosty. (I do to.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:51 am 
Site Admin

Kristos wrote:
No Wendy's? My brother would shrivel up and die.

Ha ha! :laughing:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:08 am 

My husband is fit to be tied. Wendy's is his FAVORITE place and he's going through a Wendy's
withdrawal. :laughing: :laughing:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:35 am 
Site Admin

In the Midwest we have "Steak and Shake." Yummy, yummy steak burgers and thick, chocolaty shakes. But here in my town we don't have one. We're not big enough for a Steak and Shake, even though we're big enough for two McDonalds'.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:39 am 

Near our house there is a McDonalds, Subway, Taco Bell, and L&L (see here: http://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/ ). The nearest Wendy's is a half hour away.

The McDonalds where we live is a must see: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Laie+Inn%20Laie&w=all

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:48 pm 

khl wrote:
Near our house there is a McDonalds, Subway, Taco Bell, and L&L (see here: http://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/ ). The nearest Wendy's is a half hour away.

The McDonalds where we live is a must see: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Laie+Inn%20Laie&w=all

Wow! That might be the nicest McDonalds on the planet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:43 am 
Site Admin

It would appear McDonald's is going upscale. We have one hear my house that I'm told has plasma TVs and a fireplace. Check this out:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... utlet.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 pm 

jrc wrote:
It would appear McDonald's is going upscale. We have one hear my house that I'm told has plasma TVs and a fireplace. Check this out:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... utlet.aspx

This company with its Irish roots are on the cutting edge of fast food! :D Well done McDonalds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:51 am 

20 yards from my front door is a fish and chip shop..............200 yards away there is a chinese take away..............but these are really open in the evenings only and I don't eat after lunch other than a light snack early eveing sometimes so they do not get used by me ......