Praise Whistlers Abroad
   Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: Worship CDs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:34 am 

Are there any new worship CDs on the market with whistles or recorders on some or all of the tracks. I don't really manage to keep current with the CD world.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Worship CDs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:51 am 

Adrian wrote:
Are there any new worship CDs on the market with whistles or recorders on some or all of the tracks. I don't really manage to keep current with the CD world.

Thank you

I guess this is a resounding no, Adrian. That means the field is wide open. You have the whistles, the talent and the know-how. How about it?

I checked Bob Pegritz's site a while back and it wasn't there any more, which really saddened me. I love his worship CD, all the tracks having beautiful whistling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:11 am 
Site Admin

I haven;t heard any but would surely love to find some. on a side note watched the end of Cinderella Man last night and the soudntrack tune playing over the credits had quite a bit of whistle in it.

Post subject: Re: Worship CDs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:44 am 

Blackhawk wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Thank you

I guess this is a resounding no, Adrian. That means the field is wide open. You have the whistles, the talent and the know-how. How about it?

I checked Bob Pegritz's site a while back and it wasn't there any more, which really saddened me. I love his worship CD, all the tracks having beautiful whistling.

Time for Kitty and Lisa to get into a recording studio methinks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

One of the things I wanted to do when I started the whistle was do an album project of whistle/guitar worship songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:50 pm 

Actually, Robin Mark's Revival in Belfast II worship CD begins with a rousing whistle intro fading into the "Killavil" jig. The audience loves it! Through this album, you can once in a while pick up more whistle accompanyment.
Also, there is a group called Deep Still which has a CD out titled "Deep Still; Authentic Celtic Hymns and Songs of Praise." I imagine it is probably still available and has whistle accompanyments. Part of the cover photos have a group of piled whistles that I cut out and inserted ito the transparent back cover of my cellphone! The Deep Still II album, however, while still Celtic parise, does NOT feature whistle music. Deep Still was released by Here to Him music. http://www.heretohim.com
Steven Curtis Chapman has a recent CD with whistle music accompanyment on it, but I cannot remember the name.
These are GOOD CDs! Good luck!
Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:59 pm 

Further info:
I checked out the Here to Him site and there is an error in the page, but they still have Deep Still CDs shown, one of which I have not seen! Hopefully soon we can get more info.

--Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:13 am 

I'm not sure if this is along the lines that you were thinking of, but I'm going to Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend to record on a lady's CD. I'm doing violin backups, but will also be doing some whistle stuff on it. I don't know how much, yet, but she really likes the whistle, so it may be a fair bit. Would anyone like me to keep them updated as I know more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:36 am 
Site Admin

That would be excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:24 am 

Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I have really enjoyed Eden's Bridge and in particular "Isle of Tides" Their site is: http://www.edensbridge.net/ and gives a discography that seems quite extensive. I really enjoy the intermittent whistles as well as Uillean pipes and other celtic instruments. Worth a listen, but not sure if any on this cd (Isle of Tides) would work in church. Nice to doodle along with a low whistle tho as it is very soothing music. I have heard a couple of other CD's, but cannot think offhand which ones beside the Robin Mark ones that usually have lovely "backing" whistles in amongst the tracks. Definately time for someone do something with a whistle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:47 am 

I love Eden's Bridge! I don't remember whistles in it--and gave away all my CDs but one. I'll have to try it again. Good Celtic praise!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:47 am 

I get 'Robin Mark' and 'Edens Bridge' CDs as soon as they are available but Deep Still is a new name for me, so thanks for that Kelly!

Karina
Please let me know about further developments. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:08 am 
Site Admin

Karina, I would love to hear more about any CD you'll be playing violin & whistle on. Please let us know how it turns out. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:42 am 

Karina wrote:
I'm not sure if this is along the lines that you were thinking of, but I'm going to Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend to record on a lady's CD. I'm doing violin backups, but will also be doing some whistle stuff on it. I don't know how much, yet, but she really likes the whistle, so it may be a fair bit. Would anyone like me to keep them updated as I know more?

Yes, please keep us updated. Sounds like a great thing for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:25 pm 

Attention! This just in!!
On the way home from work TODAY, I was listening to our Christian station and heard a new rendition of "Be Thou My Vision" by Sela, which includes an Irish whistle accompanyment from start to finish!
O Yeah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:07 pm 

Well, not a "worship" cd and not new, but Selah's "Hiding Place" cd has a track that is a beautiful mix of piano and whistle in "Before the Throne of God".

In all things God works for good... Romans 8:28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:59 pm 

Karen wrote:
Well, not a "worship" cd and not new, but Selah's "Hiding Place" cd has a track that is a beautiful mix of piano and whistle in "Before the Throne of God".

Now this is what I love...a good recommendation. Based on this post, I just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks, Karen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:41 am 

Blackhawk wrote:
Karen wrote:

Now this is what I love...a good recommendation. Based on this post, I just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks, Karen!

Here here! Keep the recomendations coming. Thanks Karen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:57 am 

Quote:

Blackhawk, let me know how you like it! It happens to be a favorite of ours. Hiding place is a song based on Psalm 32:7. We heard that song on the radio and I didn't hear the name of the track, just that it was Selah. I listened to every song possible on Rhapsody (an online music subscription) in order to find it. Once I did, we downloaded "Hiding Place", and I love the CD. Karen

In all things God works for good... Romans 8:28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:29 am 

Karen wrote:
You were right, Karen, this is a beautiful song! I'm so glad you recommended it!

This is one thing I love about PWA, the wide range of knowledge, experience, etc, that we have among us and share with each other. It makes us all richer.