Home Page: praisewhistlers.org
    Register FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Jump to:  
 Post subject: Worship Team swap
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:19 am 
Site Admin

we're gonna trade worship teams with another church 7/16/17 - we've done some things with them previously and we figured pastors and prayer teams shouldn't get to have all the fun....

Anyone tried this? I think it's going to be a blast, really looking forward to it. The logistics are a little more complicated than just trading pastors but I think we're good. We shall see .... :-' :laughing:

Post subject: Re: Worship Team swap
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:19 pm 

We've not done that, specifically, but lots of similar things.

Quite a few years ago, we had joint meetings with 3 or 4 other churches on every 5th Friday. The worship team for these meetings was an amalgamation of the teams.

More recently, we made connections with a church down the street. Our worship team joined theirs for a meeting. That other church now meets in 'our' building, and teams have guested at each others' services. On July 9, their team will be leading the worship at what I think is going to be a joint service; their pastors will be out of town. The next week, our worship leader will be back from vacation, and will lead at another joint service.

Hope you really enjoy the opportunity and that the bonds between your churches continues to grow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:15 pm 

What a great idea! Let us know how it works!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:08 am 
Site Admin

Will do! We're on for the 16th.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Ooh, this is tomorrow! Exciting stuff! \:D/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Recordings, please!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Whew! long weekend but really cool! recordings to follow ... I got a room recording of us and by all indication a real-time studio near studio quality recording of the visiting team at our church. The file was so large I'll have to wait until Wed to get it transferred (couldn't wait today - will take about 45 min to put on portable drive, then I have to mix it). I'll get our's uploaded and linked likely tomorrow. It's a simple mp3, should be easy to get done.

I met the other guys at our place last night and got them setup, then we all trekked to Cumberland this am ... great folks there, I really love em all, especially the pastor. It'll be interesting to hear what our peeps have to say about the visiting team! the sound check and rehearsal was killer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

jrc wrote:
Whew! long weekend but really cool! recordings to follow ... I got a room recording of us and by all indication a real-time studio near studio quality recording of the visiting team at our church. The file was so large I'll have to wait until Wed to get it transferred (couldn't wait today - will take about 45 min to put on portable drive, then I have to mix it). I'll get our's uploaded and linked likely tomorrow. It's a simple mp3, should be easy to get done.

I met the other guys at our place last night and got them setup, then we all trekked to Cumberland this am ... great folks there, I really love em all, especially the pastor. It'll be interesting to hear what our peeps have to say about the visiting team! the sound check and rehearsal was killer.

Went ahead and did a quick edit on the our team - 5 songs, there was a break after the first for announcements:

Jump Into the River
Joy
Spirit Break Out
Let There Be Light
Fill Me Up

https://app.box.com/s/3egorns2ptaagykpldk827k92c0u2fbz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

I'm going to be honest and say I am not fond of the type of praise songs that simply repeat the same words over & over & over & over .... That said, I really enjoyed most of the music in spite of my unimaginative leanings. :D

You have some people with some serious pipes in your group, jrc --- and the harmonies! NICE! The blend in some spots was just soooo sweet - wow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:11 am 
Site Admin

Judy K wrote:
I'm going to be honest and say I am not fond of the type of praise songs that simply repeat the same words over & over & over & over .... That said, I really enjoyed most of the music in spite of my unimaginative leanings. :D

You have some people with some serious pipes in your group, jrc --- and the harmonies! NICE! The blend in some spots was just soooo sweet - wow.

Thanks Judy! the vocals were a little hotter I think than I'd like them but we were guests so .... whatever they think is appropriate is good with me.

Lots of room for expression in worship - not everything we do is as repetitive as that set but I wasn't sure what songs the congregation knew or didn't, so at least in this case I think the repetition facilitated participation. And ultimately I think that's what we're after. Funny but sometimes those songs are harder to sing, they put a lot of fatigue on the singers as they are in the same range for a while.