2018 Christmas Session

One Tune: Many Interpretations

Moderators: Ren-Tin-10, The Team

ConnieS
PWA Founder

2018 Christmas Session

Post by ConnieS »

Well, it's about that time! Drop a link on this thread, or upload as an attachment, here.

We'd love to hear your Christmas music--whistle, harmonica, ukulele, dulcimer, mandolin, guitar, whatever you've got! New recordings are awesome, but if you already have something we haven't heard before, that's fine too.

If you have a YouTube video of your work to share, we've got a new youtube button you can use to embed it. Much like url or img, you click the youtube button, and post your YouTube url right between the two bracketed elements.

Have fun!! \:D/
Religion requires, grace enables.
http://realgodseekers.blogspot.com/

jrc
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Christmas Session

Post by jrc »

so... such as it is, here's a quick recording of Personent Hodie. Wanted to do something and it may be a while before I get another chance. Included the mp3 as an attachment and link to my Box site if you'd rather not have it on your computer:

also, it's played on a Clark D and a Cheiftain low D, and my Strat direct into the interface :oops: .

https://app.box.com/s/235gung63npvpj74kavfg7pdurbtp3ik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.
Habbakuk 2:4

ConnieS
PWA Founder

Post by ConnieS »

Beautiful, jrc! I had not heard this tune, and I find it hauntingly beautiful. I love when the guitar comes in sounding lutish, and gives it a kind of medieval mood!
Religion requires, grace enables.
http://realgodseekers.blogspot.com/

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

=D> Love it, jrc! Switching between high & low gives it a 'call & response' feel (to me). Beautiful!

BTW, Connie, in the Christmas 2007 thread, Susan and Keith both have versions of Personent Hodie. I know Keith's link works - haven't checked Susan's yet.

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

Thanks! next time maybe I'll try using a tuner! lol :laughing:

I first heard this song here for sure.
Switching between high & low gives it a 'call & response' feel (to me).
I should have tried panning them on different sides, maybe that would have accentuated that feel ... hmmmmm

ok ,,, who's NEXT???? \:D/ =D> :salute: :-({|=
Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

Submitted in the Fellowship forum by TheSIM - reposting for convenience of those who would like all the submissions in one place. Not sure how to move the post without deleting so to be safe I'm doubling up:
Just a concept I was playing with this evening. Recorded with both high and low whistles. Recorded with audacity through a usb mixer. Effects from the mixer. No post processing. I didn't bother resetting the EQs for the high whistle so it doesn't sound as good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheSIM

Post by TheSIM »

Here's my real submission. I would love to re- record some of the parts and add high whistle but I just don't think I'll have time for it. A list of everything I used is in the video description. I didn't have time to take video and edit that too so it's just audio.

https://youtu.be/THFRGTv3cMY

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Wow, that is nice!

Your no brand name dulcimer has a very good sound to it. Sounds like you had fun doing this and used some very inventive items. :thumbsup:

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

Nice! I like the improvisation!

If you'd prefer you can use the actual url of the YouTube page and embed the video. the 'share' link won't work for that purpose, not sure why.