The end of the year ...

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

Judy K
Site Admin

The end of the year ...

Post by Judy K »

... is not playing nice in my family. One niece suddenly pinched a couple of nerves in her back - right before Christmas - because her husband is very accident prone and had incapacitated himself the day before. She was doing his chores.

I managed to stumble and twist the knee that I had just got back into semi-working order two weeks before. However it is still in better shape than before the last doctor's visit.

BUT, I post this to whine about a major disaster -- my beloved and faithful Windows 7 computer went all black screen on me last night!! :shock: :cry: #-o :x

Strange thing is that it will still go through all the 'start up' stuff just fine, then give the black screen of doom. Guess the next step is to find a computer expert to see if everything can be saved to an external hard drive ... which I intended to do after the first of the year .... :-' Sometimes procrastination is NOT our friend. Now, I'm updating the Windows 10 computer and re-configuring everything possible to make it more user friendly.

Hope you all are having a better year's end.

(Actually, we are all still here and fairly healthy, even with bad knees and pinched nerves. God is good!)

ConnieS
PWA Founder

Re: The end of the year ...

Post by ConnieS »

Ugh! Sorry about your knee, your family, your computer....
Religion requires, grace enables.
http://realgodseekers.blogspot.com/

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Thanks for the sympathy, Connie.

Bad knees are pretty much a given after hitting 60 in this family. My mom's family had major arthritis issues. I take more after her family than my dad's. His side was gifted with agility into the 90's with a 60/40 chance of senility. Ah ... the blessings of growing older! ;)

The computer was just a final insult in a couple of irritating weeks. PWA needed a new post, so I whined. AT&T locked down my email (12/14) for supposedly being hacked. I still don't have access, and even AT&T can't figure it out yet. It took them seconds to close it down, but going on weeks to hopefully - maybe - fix.

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Judy K wrote:Thanks for the sympathy, Connie.
AT&T locked down my email (12/14) for supposedly being hacked. I still don't have access, and even AT&T can't figure it out yet. It took them seconds to close it down, but going on weeks to hopefully - maybe - fix.
Hmmmm........ :-k If no one asked you for money to fix it? Perhaps it is a botched scam. I can see some (.........) sitting there after shutting someones computer down than try to ask for money to fix then realizes the person they are trying to scam can't receive email or messages DOH DUH #-o

:wave:
Hmmmmm....... Just had a thought.

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Tommy, it has been just that bad. I've tried to change my email at two places I really don't want to miss the notices. One worked after a couple of attempts. Amazon has not! Egads, those people are stupid! I changed the email; they argued a bit then accepted it. Sent a confirmation email to the right email and then the final confirmation code to the non-working email. So my amazon account still shows the old email but tells me I'm using the wrong password. Can't be the wrong password because both emails had the same word. (ARGH!) I did manage to send customer support an email on their website. If they replied they didn't use the working email ....

I really dislike arguing with computers - miss arguing with real people. :?

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Password frustration is a real nuisance. I keep mine on a cheat sheet and still some places claim I am using the wrong password. I go through the steps of changing to a new password and now I reject their long ridicules passwords, and make my own with the requirements of different case and digits.
Also I found they don't pay much attention to the new v old password and I just give the same one again. :thumbsup: \:D/ :laughing:

Hmmmmm....... Just had a thought.

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

Didn't end well for me either - laid off from a job I had for 18 years... main reason I've been absent a lot lately, but....

Interviewed and began training for a Life, Health and Annuities license in VA 11/30, tested and passed 12/20 and applied for my state license 12/21/18. Will start training for a sales position in supplemental life polices Thursday pending state approval. Been a pretty intense December but 2019 is showing promise. Looking forward to a 'life reboot' in 2019. [-o< :thumbsup:

Did the annual rendition of Auld Lang Syne in the neighborhood last night - that horn has such a nice big sound.

Blessings and fresh starts for all of us in 2019!! love you guys!
Auld Lang Syne 2018.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.
Habbakuk 2:4

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

jrc wrote:Didn't end well for me either - laid off from a job I had for 18 years... main reason I've been absent a lot lately, but....

Interviewed and began training for a Life, Health and Annuities license in VA 11/30, tested and passed 12/20 and applied for my state license 12/21/18. Will start training for a sales position in supplemental life polices Thursday pending state approval. Been a pretty intense December but 2019 is showing promise. Looking forward to a 'life reboot' in 2019. [-o< :thumbsup:

Did the annual rendition of Auld Lang Syne in the neighborhood last night - that horn has such a nice big sound.

Blessings and fresh starts for all of us in 2019!! love you guys!
Bummer on the layoff -- Congrats on the upcoming job! Insurance salesman? Well, your trustworthiness ratio will still be higher than car salesmen and Congress. ;)

Auld Lang Syne -- beautiful! =D>

Here's to a good 2019 for all of us! [-o<

ConnieS
PWA Founder

Post by ConnieS »

jrc, Auld Lang Syne is very cool! 8)

Sorry for the unexpected job change. I’ll be anxious to see what God has in store for you with your new career!
Religion requires, grace enables.
http://realgodseekers.blogspot.com/