Dark Side

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

Randy

Dark Side

Post by Randy »

Well Im a convert. I've not only picked up playing a stringed instrument, I've actually sold three whistles and a ukulele to fuel purchasing a high end stringed guy. I think I'm in love.

Where has the joy of playing a stringed instrument been all my life? Please don't get me wrong, I still play whistle. Its still my main instrument and I play it often at church with one of our praise teams, but for the last 15 months, I've found myself getting up early and playing ukulele for about two hours a day. Love learning to fingerpick and figuring out harmonies.

God must be a music lover since he created us with the desire to sing/play/dance/sway/stomp/clap/whistle/hum/snap/bounce/tap and holler.

ConnieS
PWA Founder

Re: Dark Side

Post by ConnieS »

That sounds WONDERFUL, Randy! Early morning music, played on a stringed instrument. Actually sounds like something one might read in the psalms!! 8)

Post something when you're ready. Fuh real!
Religion requires, grace enables.
http://realgodseekers.blogspot.com/

mack
PWA Founder

Post by mack »

Light side!
We are not stuck!
We are loosened!
:sunny:
It may seem dismal to many, but our hope is not quarantined!
We have never been better connected as The Church than now.
Paul to Timothy: There is One Church and One Mediator-Christ Jesus!
Who can separate us from the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus? Certainly not a man made virus or it’s political constrictions.

We are more than conquerors through Him Who is our Victory!
Praise Him with wind and strings and reeds and percussion!
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Welcome to the stringed side, Randy! :wave:

I think everyone still posting here has a least one stringed instrument, if not multiples. My herd consists of a harp, a psaltery, a zither or 2, and a decent selection of mountain dulcimers. The dulcimers have become "THE" instrument of choice. Yet within reach are at least 6 whistles (3 by Mack, 2 by Tommy, & 1 DIY) and the Casey Burns Folk Flute. It is much easier to pick up a whistle or flute to test a new melody quickly than to grab a dulcimer, tune it, find a pick, and then play.

:-({|=

Mack wrote:We are more than conquerors through Him Who is our Victory!
Praise Him with wind and strings and reeds and percussion!
Amen, Brother Mack, Amen!