Happy to be Back!

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

Joelle

Happy to be Back!

Post by Joelle »

Hi everyone!

It's been years since I've been back here. Something made me remember PWA recently, and now here I am going back through topics and posts, catching up on everything I've missed. I didn't realize how much I missed ya'll! (It's ok if no one remembers me, like I said, it's been years)

Anyway, in the meantime, I've gotten married and acquired a mandolin.

If you'll have me back, I can't wait to settle back into this delightful little community.

God bless :wave:

Judy K
Site Admin

Re: Happy to be Back!

Post by Judy K »

:party: Welcome back, Joelle! :party:

Congrats on all the life-changing events! Does your new spouse play an instrument?

PWA is quieter than it was, but it is still here! (YAY!)

:wave:

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Glad you returned Joelle. :thumbsup:

Judy K wrote: PWA is quieter than it was, but it is still here! (YAY!)

I have been cleaning and painting a rent house with no curtains, and tile floors. Been enjoying playing a flute there has a real nice echo/reverb. :party: However it also accents slight glitches..... :roll: But then that is why we practice. :thumbsup:

:wave: Well it is that time again.

Day is done, gone the sun, :sunny: From the lake, from the hills, from the sky; All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.............
:sleepy:
Hmmmmm....... Just had a thought.

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Tommy, those aren't 'glitches', that is improv! :mrgreen:
Tommy wrote:Day is done, gone the sun, :sunny: From the lake, from the hills, from the sky; All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.............
:sleepy:
My brother & I used to play that on trombone and baritone horn. Many, many years ago. :salute:

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Joelle, are you also the 'Joelle7' waiting to be approved for membership? As an admin, I can approve this if you prefer that sign-in. Or you can switch the new info to your current name through the User Control Panel. Your choice.

Joelle

Post by Joelle »

Thanks Judy and Tommy, good to hear from you!

My husband has taken a few lessons here and there, but instruments aren't particularly his "thing." He does software programming both for work and for fun, so his brain apparently prefers that style of expression.
Judy K wrote:Joelle, are you also the 'Joelle7' waiting to be approved for membership? As an admin, I can approve this if you prefer that sign-in. Or you can switch the new info to your current name through the User Control Panel. Your choice.
Yes that's me Judy. When I first tried to log back in, I'd forgotten my password, and when I tried to reset it, I'd also forgotten my password to my old email :oops: :roll: ](*,)

So then I just created a new PWA account but then by some miracle managed to remember my security questions to my old email and got into my old account here.

That was the long version, but the short one is: I'm happy with my old account and you can just forget the new one I registered. Thanks for checking!

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

We had to change our new member requests to 'admin approval required' to battle spammers. I'll delete your request asap. :)

Your hubby is a software programmer? We might try to recruit him for PWA someday. Most of the members who did that sort of stuff has either left or died.

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Judy K wrote: Most of the members who did that sort of stuff has either left or died.
Hmmmmmm........ :-k
Jesus said..."I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live." John 11:25

Joelle

Post by Joelle »

Judy K wrote: Your hubby is a software programmer? We might try to recruit him for PWA someday.
I'm sure he'd be up for that!

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Tommy wrote:
Judy K wrote: Most of the members who did that sort of stuff has either left or died.
Hmmmmmm........ :-k
Jesus said..."I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live." John 11:25

Tommy, you would have got a huge kick out of my oldest niece one day. She & her dad were at a veteran's appreciation dinner held at a local church. A couple of the veterans posts chaplins (AmVets, VFW, & AmLegion were all present) were discussing the deceased members and one was kind of predicting he might be next. My niece just reached over and patted his shoulder and said "You can't kill a Christian, Reverend". The guy sputtered a bit, then thought on it a few moments, grinned at her and replied "You're absolutely right!"

Gotta wonder why that sentence was a revelation to the preacher? :-k

:salute:

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Joelle wrote:
Judy K wrote: Your hubby is a software programmer? We might try to recruit him for PWA someday.
I'm sure he'd be up for that!
Hmmmmm .... temptation! My downfall. 8)

He is more than welcome to join this tiny bubbling spring hidden deeply in the vast oceans of the internet, any time -- no knowledge of instruments required.

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Judy K wrote:[quote= My niece just reached over and patted his shoulder and said "You can't kill a Christian, Reverend". The guy sputtered a bit, then thought on it a few moments, grinned at her and replied "You're absolutely right!"

Gotta wonder why that sentence was a revelation to the preacher? :-k

:salute:
:thumbsup: =D>

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

:wave: :salute: Hi Joelle! welcome home!
Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.
Habbakuk 2:4

ConnieS
PWA Founder

Post by ConnieS »

Hi, Joelle! Welcome back! :wave: :sunny:
Religion requires, grace enables.
http://realgodseekers.blogspot.com/