Wife’s Birthday

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

RonKiley

Wife’s Birthday

Post by RonKiley »

My wife had a birthday on the 25th. I have been having fun because she is a few months older than me. I rotate among whistles, ukes and harmonicas. My great grandson just got back from a short trip to the Dominican Republic teaching English. While there he bought a Kala KA-S uke. He said they were a lot cheaper there. He plays piano, organ, flute, guitar and uke. A musical family.
Ron
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

Judy K
Site Admin

Re: Wife’s Birthday

Post by Judy K »

Hey, Ron! A Happy belated Birthday to Ms Ella! :party:

Enjoy being the younger spouse while you can. My dad was 9 months & 10 days younger than my mom. They both claimed that he was a 'special order' from God, designed for mom. Guess 61 years together, here on Earth, was proof they were right. :D

Love musical families! Are you & your great-grandson working on any uke duets?

RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Interesting you mentioned 61 years. My wife and I have been together for 61 years starting 9 May. My grandson lives in Idaho Falls so we can’t get together. But he has brothers and sisters that play also. My number 3 daughter was here last Sunday for the Scrapbook convention in Chantilly Va. My wife and two daughters went to it. They do every year. This daughter is one of our exceptions. She does not play any thing. She Yaks and fishes. That is with kayaks. My fiddling daughter will be here at the end of August. We are doing well for an elderly couple. We have a subscription to Amazon music and have amazon dots in two rooms. Right now I am listening to the Seldom Scene. I hope you and all of the PWs are doing well.
Ron
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Ron, congrats on hitting your 61st anniversary! Glad you and Ms. Ella are doing well and I hope this continues on and on and on and ...

I've had a couple of health issues lately, one of which seems to befuddle the doctors. They just aren't getting the answers (on tests) they expect. This tickles me ... love reminding them that not everyone fits their "norm". Kind of a 'one size (diagnosis) does NOT fit all' situation. Yes, I do have a perverse sense of humor.

My whistle-playing niece and her husband love kayaking and fishing. Yesterday my niece caught several nice sized fish and her hubby caught 1 sunfish. He was not entirely happy with the day. 8) :lol:

:wave:

Joelle

Post by Joelle »

Sorry to hear about the health issues Judy, I'll be praying.
Judy K wrote: Yes, I do have a perverse sense of humor.
I've heard a perverse/morbid sense of humor is a sign of intelligence :-'

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Thanks for the prayers, Joelle .... and the compliment. Nicely executed, btw!
Joelle wrote:I've heard a perverse/morbid sense of humor is a sign of intelligence :-'
Think this description could fit a great many PWA members.

:thumbsup: