PWA winding down

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

mack
PWA Founder

PWA winding down

Post by mack »

I am making a copy of the members page so I'll have emails. Otherwise I am bidding adieu to the message board. I love every one of you who have made this such a wonderful place!
I guess we have till December.
Dana, you have been so kind and generous and I can't thank you enough!
Judy, Connie, JRC the moderators THANK YOU
Tommy, Ron, Randy, Gary, Steve, Jim you keep chiming in and making me smile!
Wish I could name every person who has contributed!
Can't help but remember AAron and Fancypiper!
We owe so much to Kitty!
Mack
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD

Judy K
Site Admin

Re: PWA winding down

Post by Judy K »

I spent some time last night drifting through the few pages we have left in "Fellowship". Great memories - a fun read for the most part. Within the 3 short forum pages remaining we heard from Adrian, Jim Wright, Blackhawk (Darvis), markbell, Joelle, viejomc (Gary) and Dana, plus our stalwart regulars of jimwasson, Randy, RonKiley, mack, Tommy, jrc, Connie, and me.

Definitely will miss this place and the friends found here.

:cry:

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Judy K wrote:
Definitely will miss this place and the friends found here.

Where will we go? I do not have FB or the other one. I still read C&F but.......Hmmmm it is not the same anymore either with so many from here gone.

:-k Hmmmmm........
Hmmmmm....... Just had a thought.

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Tommy wrote: :cry:

Where will we go? I do not have FB or the other one. I still read C&F but.......Hmmmm it is not the same anymore either with so many from here gone.
Tommy, I just don't know. You aren't on Face Book; don't think Mack is either; I'm rarely there - and will never post anything private or musically related there. It is just too well known for selling their membership's private information, blocking Christian & conservative content, and a great deal of other deceptive practices it would take too long to delineate.

We have until December 12th to figure something out.

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

We're working on alternatives as we speak. More to follow soon.

stand by ...lol
Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.
Habbakuk 2:4

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

jrc wrote:We're working on alternatives as we speak. More to follow soon.

stand by ...lol
What? Not even a clue?

That's just mean, jrc .....

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

mack wrote: I guess we have till December.
THANK YOU

Mack
Hmmmm........ :-k Any chance of a bit of poetry before the lights go out?

RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I don’t post often but I check in regularly. If it goes away I will definitely miss everyone.
Ron
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Ron, it certainly won't be the first time you and I were among the 'last standing' members of a forum. Gaelic Crossing, Alba's Whistle 'n Strings .... I think there was a third one, but just can't remember the name. Wait, you were a member of Everything Dulcimer, too, weren't you? Isn't this the third ot fourth version of PWA?

I'm beginning to think it might be better to avoid joining forums. I've met some great people (and a few not so great!) but am starting to feel like a jinx. :-k

Randy

Post by Randy »

Sad indeed. This has been a place of learning and friendship. Mack, I'm glad you mentioned Aaron and Fancypiper. This place is pretty special. It feel safe and hidden away from the masses. Love the way its ministered to us.

Joelle

Post by Joelle »

Just saw all this, sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but why is PWA going away?

I'm also not on Facebook and I'd hate to lose touch with ya'll forever. Waiting with baited breath to hear the "alternatives" of which you speak.

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

The site hosting is up at the end of December. We have a couple of options, not sure which way will be the best option, if either.

If there is content you want to keep that's available I'd grab it. Good chance that regardless of what happens long term it may not be available long.
Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

jrc, IIRC, Joelle's husband is an IT guru. Maybe we could ask for suggestions?

Joelle

Post by Joelle »

I actually mentioned this to him last night, and he's done things before with web hosting. If you could explain in a little more detail what's going on, he's happy to help

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Joelle, hopefully jrc or Connie will see this. I'm just the dummy that volunteered to help dump spammers and, somehow, ended up as a site admin!?? 8-[ :-k

Sadly, all the people who created this beautiful place has: 1) moved on to other things; 2) forgotten the needed passwords to pass along; or 3) died unexpectedly.

Please tell him that his offer is greatly appreciated, no matter what.

jrc
Site Admin

Post by jrc »

Definitely need help, especially someone with a real clue. I have none ... clues that is.

got your pm's too btw, I'll follow up later, thanks much!

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Judy K wrote:Ron, it certainly won't be the first time you and I were among the 'last standing' members of a forum. Gaelic Crossing, Alba's Whistle 'n Strings .
I use to go to
Alba's Whistle n strings. But drifted away when some things were started but did not finish.
There was another whistle forum that was referred to as the Green Board. The back ground was green.
I also use to play football, but at 75 now I conserve my energy to watch baseball. Whoooo Hoodoo the Houston Astros are in the play offs. =D> :party:

:wave:

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Tommy, Gaelic Crossing had a green background. Wonder if that was the green board? It was smaller than the Chiff & Fipple. Seems like the owner of Gaelic Crossings & Stacey got into a tiff over something. She started her board and GC closed a bit later. Whistle n' Strings didn't last too long. One thing I miss from her board was a link she had to some whistle music (and mandolin, I think) by a fellow named Nigel (maybe). He had some great Celtic songs notated. Wish I could remember what his website was called.

75!? and you have energy to save? You have a ~ 10 years on me and I have no energy to save at all. Can't complain too much -- there were 62 healthy years before the whining hit the fan. ;)

RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

At 80 I have lots of energy. You can usually find it on the sofa.
Ron
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

RonKiley wrote:At 80 I have lots of energy. You can usually find it on the sofa.
:mrgreen: :thumbsup:

Joelle

Post by Joelle »

Judy K wrote:One thing I miss from her board was a link she had to some whistle music (and mandolin, I think) by a fellow named Nigel (maybe). He had some great Celtic songs notated. Wish I could remember what his website was called.
Any chance this is the guy? http://www.nigelgatherer.com/

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Joelle!! That's it! Thank you for finding this. \:D/

My old laptop, which had all my music links, suddenly went black screen a few months ago. It hadn't been backed up for over a year ... :roll: Not much had been transferred to a new laptop which was kept in storage because I greatly dislike Windows 10 and had no intentions of using it until necessary. Forgot that 'necessary' usually arrives right after 'oh crap!' ... #-o

Thanks, again! :wave:

khl

Post by khl »

So, still up until December. Stopped in to say hi and goodbye (though I'm thinking of sending a recording if I can). Great memories and friends, but things do move on, inevitably. I think of how much time has gone since 2005 when I signed on. First steps in recording. Quizzes I used to make up and that Aaron would usually ace long before others had puzzled their way through. Great sounds and ideas from all. And pictures.

Cheers, all.
Keith

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Hi, Keith! :wave:

PWA has moved up a little in the world. YouTube videos can now be embedded in a post.

Would love to hear a recording from you.