Tommy?

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

Judy K
Site Admin

Tommy?

Post by Judy K »

Are you & your family okay? Just read that tropical storm Imelda dumped quite a bit of rain in your area.

jrc
Site Admin

Re: Tommy?

Post by jrc »

I'm in Houston now, shoulda left yesterday and IAH closed. Got almost to the terminal and happily the road was blocked so I got a bed last night. Hope Tommy's ok, not sure exactly where in the area he is, are you?
Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.
Habbakuk 2:4

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I am in Santa Fe, Texas about thirty miles south of Houston towards Galveston. Everything ok here. Not much rain for a long time till now so the ground sucked it up real quick. I have a small trench i dug to carry water away from the house and for two days of rain it has had air bubbles coming up as the water soaked in. Houston grew up in a bayou and now with all that concrete and land subsidence from pumping out the ground water it is a giant bowl. The sun is shining bright today. :sunny2:
Thank you for your concern.

:wave:
Hmmmmm....... Just had a thought.

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Glad you are okay, Tommy. I did remember your 'moats' around your place and hoped for the best.

Worried about the wrong one, jrc. Hmm ... doesn't your daughter live in Houston? All is well with her household? How long will you be stuck in Houston?