new iPhone pix

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

Judy K
Site Admin

new iPhone pix

Post by Judy K »

Playing with the iPhone camera. Can't figure out why it loads sideways, yet is right side up when clicked to enlarge. :-k

Not sure I'll ever figure out this phone .... 8-[

The pictures are an Amish buggy seen 11/5, about 20 miles from our house. There is a settlement of the Amish in that area. The second picture was taken the same day, and could be titled 'the road home'. Just over that rise and around a curve is home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RonKiley

Re: new iPhone pix

Post by RonKiley »

About two hours away from us is Lancaster, PA. My family on my mother’s side is from that area. I have both Amish and Mennonites in my family. In fact one of my ancestors was the first Mennonite minister in America. It wasn’t the United States yet. BTW for those who might wonder about the picture it is alright to take a picture of the Amish. They don’t believe in posing for pictures. So if you ask if you can take a picture of them they will say no because they consider that to be posing. They are very nice people. Ask them about their horse. Then get ready for a long conversation.
Ron
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

Judy K
Site Admin

Re: new iPhone pix

Post by Judy K »

You have some very interesting ancestors, Ron.

The Amish in our area don't object to pictures like the one above. It doesn't show anyone. The buggy and horse are okay, but one gentleman asked that no one take a picture of his children. The Mennonites have been in the area all my life. The Amish moved in about 25 years ago.

I have some Pennsylvania Dutch my dad's line. Not sure which area they moved from in PA, but it wasn't too far back from my grandmother. Her family still spoke German in the home when she was growing up.