Beautiful Whistle!

Sharing life, laughter and a love for praising God with Irish whistle and related instruments.

Moderator: The Team

Judy K
Site Admin

Beautiful Whistle!

Post by Judy K »

This beautiful whistle in the key of B is a Mack Hoover creation. Love the look and sound of this whistle, Mack! Thank you so much! :love:

This whistle loves the upper register. It flowed through the high note of "Danny Boy" without a squawk or squeal and asked for 'higher, please'. Totally amazed with the ease and clarity of the notes in what is usually my nemesis range. \:D/

Forgive the totally inadequate pictures. My iPhone and I are not on equal levels of capabilities. Hate it when the electronics are smarter than the user! :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Judy K
Site Admin

Re: Beautiful Whistle!

Post by Judy K »

BTW, all the 'views' on this does not mean a hot topic. I had to flip between posting from the computer to the phone to the computer ... rinse and repeat ... Took the pictures with the phone. Not my best photos, but was quicker. It is nice to have the option now of posting from the phone.

Technology -- a great time saver, a great time waster, and the biggest enemy to our privacy ever.

Joelle

Post by Joelle »

Judy K wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:37 am
BTW, all the 'views' on this does not mean a hot topic.
Loved the honesty there! :laughing: :laughing: Seems like an impressive whistle, what material is that?

Also, May the Fourth be with you all :sunny2:

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Joelle wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am
Judy K wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:37 am
BTW, all the 'views' on this does not mean a hot topic.
Loved the honesty there! :laughing: :laughing: Seems like an impressive whistle, what material is that?
Honesty always before claiming any tech IQ ... ;)
Joelle wrote:Also, May the Fourth be with you all :sunny2:
:salute:

I think Mack said the whistle material is a delrin aka acetal tube. Love the darker color plus he's given it a wood grain look. Outstanding! (Which is where my sister wishes I would take my whistle-playing some days ... out standing in the field [or galaxy] far far away from the house. :lol: )

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Very nice.
How bout a sound clip?
Hmmmmm....... Just had a thought.

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

Sound clip? With me playing? :shock:

I could do that ... but ... I like y'all too much to inflict that suffering on you. :mrgreen:

mack
PWA Founder

Post by mack »

The whistle is of a phenolic plastic. The same material as circuit boards. In fact it is a wood product-paper compressed in a thermal setting plastic that has been used for a long time in many household products.

It is available in very precise dimensions in tubular configuration and great for whistles.
Mack
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD

Judy K
Site Admin

Post by Judy K »

mack wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:05 am
The whistle is of a phenolic plastic. The same material as circuit boards. In fact it is a wood product-paper compressed in a thermal setting plastic that has been used for a long time in many household products.

It is available in very precise dimensions in tubular configuration and great for whistles.
Mack
](*,)

I knew I would get it wrong .... and that you would fix it, Mack!

:mrgreen:

ConnieS
PWA Founder

Post by ConnieS »

Oh, that looks gorgeous!
Religion requires, grace enables.
http://realgodseekers.blogspot.com/