jimwasson

Wo Ist Jesus, Mein Verlangen (tune For Stricken, Smitten, And Afflicted)

Was searching through recordings downloaded from my small digital recorder, and came across this. (Files on the recorder are not named.) Did some searching on my computer, and found the name of the tune and hymn. Also found Judy's recording of this, which I had downloaded. (It's really good, by the way.)

This was done on bass clarinet back in 2007. I've recently gotten the instrument out again.

https://soundcloud.com/user-338116543/w ... al_sharing
Susanne
Site Admin

Re: Wo Ist Jesus, Mein Verlangen (tune For Stricken, Smitten, And Afflicted)

That instrument has a haunting sort of sound! Never heard of a bass clarinet before. I like it. The feel of this tune played by the bass clarinet reminds me of some old trad music from the region where I grew up - where wind instruments aren't too uncommon.
Judy K

Wow, Jim! I love all the variations of the tune! You have a masterpiece there.

:clap: :clap:

Sorry to have been absent for a bit. My non-job has been time-consuming. (I volunteer to help with income taxes - ergo 'non-job'. :roll: )

Hope you don't mind that I joined your thread with my dulcimer version, which, sadly, is not equal in any way to your version.

Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted.mp3
jimwasson

Glad that you've posted yours, Judy. I listened to it from my computer before posting. (Yours is on my hard drive.) I really like what you did with this.

Looks like we have a very abbreviated version of the Praise Exchange concept here.

Figured that you were probably occupied with income tax stuff. I guess I would consider what you're doing as a job with low pay.
Judy K

Jim wrote:Looks like we have a very abbreviated version of the Praise Exchange concept here.
And so far our music has been lifted from the old Praise Exchange lists. My computer crash wiped out my recordings except for what was posted on 4share. The hard-to-accept concept is that most of the music that was on TPE is around 13 years old. :shock:

It was fun and a joy while it lasted. I'm not sure if I have enough nerve to start recording again.

Return to “Share your music!”