Susanne
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the forum!

No, it isn't. I know when you first posted you needed to be approved, but I removed that... It's too annoying for members and I think that was since I first set this up as a test forum! I think the default is that newly registered members need to have their first 2-3 posts approved. But I went through all permissions and set standard access for all members (also newly registered). I now have it set so that new registrations need to be approved, with some additional antispam measures, that should be enough.
It's driving me nuts to see how spammers destroy the joy of running a website. These forum scrips are a bit outdated in style (although here at least the design is quite modern now) so maybe they attract spammers because there are probably many abandoned forums out there.
Judy K

The one action that spammers couldn't get through on the last version of PWA was requiring admin approval for all new members. Checking the ISP address of new registrations on "cleantalk" disclosed if it was a spammer or not. Fun and games were had by all. :roll:

I'm tickled to simply be a member again. Thanks, Susanne!
Susanne
Site Admin

I found that what helped this time was to add that question for the registration process. Approval only meant I still had to delete a lot of inactive spam registrations. I used Cleantalk for my blog earlier, may look into it again if needed. It’s good to have you here!

Return to “Mingle and chat”