jimwasson

Re: Some new smilies

Not fun when a computer does that, Judy. I don't exactly know how that happens, but do know that my Dad's computer says that access is denied to many files which he created. Got to think that they're now stored in the cloud, as Susanne suggested, and that it's Microsoft's way of trying to glean more information about its users. (Having to log in to the Microsoft account, etc.)

I do hope that you regain access to your photos.
Judy K

The computer was purchased to be a Windows 10 HP desktop. I have loved the Hewlett Packard (HP) computers, printers, etc and used them for over 30 years. I hate this desktop. It has needed to be repaired twice (techs from HP via phone repairs) and it is NOT a year old yet. Found out that the computer is a Google Chrome Windows which I absolutely did not want. Google invades our privacy online already. I did not want them as 'rulers' over my computer, online and offline. It has been a battle from the start with the computer changing my settings with each new update. Now it wants to upgrade to Windows 11. Most would say it can't be worse than Windows 10, but Microsoft as proved that to be a false hope from Windows 8 up.

The biggest issue is that I want to chose the apps to use while the computer now thinks that its job and I have no choice. :roll:

Guess I'd better move back to the cave and find my abacus. 8-)
Susanne
Site Admin

Google Chrome Windows?! That's awful! As you say, it's enough having Google invade us all over the place online! Don't you have any tech-savvy contacts who can help you re-install it with a normal Google-free version of Windows?
Judy K

I can swear and attest to the fact that Google Chrome is just as bad as you think, and probably worse than you can imagine. I've currently switched back to my repaired laptop which is still cursed with Windows 10, but is not Google Chrome ... and I still have my photo file on the laptop!! Yippee! :mrgreen:

My avatar look familiar? :)

Return to “Mingle and chat”