Susanne
Site Admin

Some new smilies

Hi there!
Hope you are all well and have enjoyed the holidays. I've added some more smilies and there is a waving one there as Judy asked for! I wanted to find a way to add emojis too but the folks behind PHPBB seem a bit hmm... not too accommodating. So as far as I know, the only way to use modern emojis in the forum is to use your phone or iPad/tablet or laptop that has an emoji keyboard built-in. My Macbook has them on the touch bar, very handy.
I'll test here to see what they look like... (but didn't Tommy try this recently too?) ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ™ƒ

And the waving one :wave: accessible if you click "view more smilies".

I love the touch bar on my laptop (with emojis, for example!) and will miss it deeply when I upgrade my computer.
Judy K

Re: Some new smilies

:clap: Yippee!! Thank you, Susanne! Very cool selection. 8-)

:wave:
Tommy

:clap: :wave: :thumbup:
Mack Hoover

Iโ€™m not much for smilies but would like to know how to do an avatar
Judy K

Mack Hoover wrote: โ†‘10 Jan 2022, 23:48 Iโ€™m not much for smilies but would like to know how to do an avatar
Mack, click on the person shape on the right hand side of the dark bar on top. That takes you to user control panel, front page. Click on profile. There you'll see 'edit avatar' on the left hand side. Click that and explore the options.

I can't explain or show how it works because my computer decided that my photos files needed to be kept in a new location that I can't access and appears to have only empty folders. Plus, my computer also graciously decided to delete the photo files from the known location. I have no words to describe my appreciation for my computer's self-made choices at this moment. :evil:
Susanne
Site Admin

Ew, that's a pain, Judy! How can the computer just do that? Is it some kind of cloud storage? Hope you can sort it out!

Return to โ€œMingle and chatโ€