jimwasson

Ebenezer

See if I can work this. I've never used a file sharing platform before.

This is the tune used for 'O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus' and 'Once to Every Man and Nation.' Played on alto flute.

https://soundcloud.com/user-338116543/e ... al_sharing

Somehow came out much quieter than just playing it through Media Player on the computer. Will have to figure that one out.

Came through much louder on Chrome than Firefox. Not sure why.
Judy K

Re: Ebenezer

I like it! Beautiful tune, beautiful tone, beautiful playing. :clap:

Alto flute? Hmm, good thing I've given up adding any new instruments until I dispose of some already living here.

Brave is my browser of choice. It handled the music fine at my normal settings. The creator of Brave is Brandon Eich of Firefox fame. Similar to Firefox but with more privacy and spam protections built in.

(Had to add: picked up my Casey Burns folk flute. Fumbled a bit to find the key needed but solved any desire for a new flute! :mrgreen: )
jimwasson

Thanks, Judy.

Your folk flute is, I think, in the key of D. This was played in B minor (E minor on the alto flute,) so it could work on the folk flute, but it would be a more difficult range, going up to second octave G. The alto flute takes quite a bit of air, more so because my air stream is not highly efficient. Of the instruments I play, flute is the one which suffers the most if not played regularly. Got out one of my reeded instruments for the first time in a couple of years the other day, and it did not go too badly.

Will have to look into Brave; I'd never heard of it.
Judy K

Your mention of reeded instruments reminded me of an alto saxophone and a clarinet that are currently in limbo somewhere in the house. Probably found the keyed flute, decided to form a trio, and are all off making a fortune somewhere. If they've added my brother's Olds Opera silver trombone to the group some pretty spectacular music could be playing in a deeply hidden corner. That trombone has an amazing sound! 8-)
jimwasson

There's been a lot of reference to things like 'musical instrument acquisition syndrome' and 'WHOA.' Wonder if we could coin a new descriptive? Something like 'musical instrument menagerie.' Seems like you, myself, and Mack could lay claim to this. Not certain about Susanne, as she's not listed her collection (if it is one) that I can recall.
Judy K

I can honestly say I've never met an instrument I didn't like. Couldn't play all of them but like to try? Oh, yeah! The one instrument I didn't own but garnered me a college scholarship offer (which I turned down) was the baritone horn. Played it for 2 years in high school and 2 basketball seasons at Ohio State. An easy A at OSU was always too good to pass up.

Musical Menagerie sounds good! Don't forget Tommy's instrument collection. Remember when he converted a cello (or a bass?) to a dulcimer?

Return to “Share your music!”