Susanne
Site Admin

Re: The King of Love My Shepherd is

Judy K wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 05:28 I never expected that the last version of PWA would totally vanish from the internet when we changed to this version. None of the other versions disappeared and could be visited if information from that forum was needed. I've always heard that once it's on the net it is always on the net. Not so this time. Not even the way back machine can find it. We lost music and conversations from people that can't be replaced like Walden & Fancypiper. Not all of the music was available now but a large portion was, as was all of the conversations. I miss it being available.

Maybe the other admins were more technically advanced than I am. I don't know how to keep old forums when I point the domain name to somewhere else, other than making a copy in a subfolder, but then the same problem would occur as when i tried to transfer the entired old forum here - that the old forum is too old and that it won't be transferrable to a new database (updated version of MySql, although I'm still not 100% sure what the problem was). The old hosting was VERY outdated.
The music isn't gone though. it's still on the old hosting and I'm going to download everything to my computer (including forum backup) before removing the hosting from the account. Depending on the size of the tune files we could have them stored and accessible somewhere.

The project however, sounds like something similar that was done on Mandolin Café, and on both melodeon.net and concertina.net previsouly. It's very developing and inspires you to try new things, I always enjoyed it, especially on melodeon.net.
jimwasson

Was able to listen on a different browser. That's beautiful, Judy.

Firefox had issues both at home and at my Dad's. (As an aside, he loathes gambling; I'm not a fan of it myself.)
Judy K

Thanks for fixing the problem on the moderation, Susi.

Warning, this only a guess. ;) Maybe the reason the other PWA versions survived on the internet was probably due to a change of server or host with each new rendition of PWA. This time everything was kept on the same spot.
Judy K

Thanks, Jim. I will admit this is one of my favorite pieces.

The problems seem to be getting worse on all the browsers. Brave is usually problem free but in the last few weeks I've had to search out the cookie hidey hole and dump cookies to solve some issues. Big brother seems to be watching much closer and leaving footprints.

Return to “Share your music!”