Susanne
Site Admin

Former Praise Exchange files

Hi all!

As I understand it, there's a general wish to bring back the Praise Exchange files to the site. I have everything from the old hosting downloaded, and will try to create some place where we can access the mp3's to download and listen. It will take some time because I have a lot of other projects during the summer but I promise to work on it.
Judy K

Re: Former Praise Exchange files

It will be entertaining to see some of the threads from the Praise Exchange again, when you find the time, Susi.
Susanne
Site Admin

I'm not going to be able to import the old forum threads (I got crazy errors when I tried to import anything at all from the old forum), but instead a list of the music files you can download and listen to.
Judy K

Ah! Too bad about not having the threads/chats. Some of them were highly entertaining.

I probably have a great deal of the music already downloaded. They will only work if the original download site is still available, unfortunately.
Susanne
Site Admin

Why wouldn't the files work if you have them downloaded? Aren't they mp3 files?

And - if you have them already - is the idea of creating a new page with linked files a waste of time? When you previously talked about missing the Praise Exchange I thought it was the music, but perhaps you rather meant the discussions?
Judy K

Oh, the files I downloaded all play. Some of the links that are in The Praise Exchange, aka TPE, are only links to now defunct websites that crashed or simply deleted the original material. ConnieS, jrc,and Jim Edwards (aka Ren-Tin-Ten {sp?} or brassblower) all were members of a music website that shut down several years ago. All of the music files there were made unavailable. Some of my music on TPE is available through 4shared. If I ever change the files to 'private' or forget to renew my membership all of that will be unavailable. Anything listed on the ftp files of PWA or TPE should still be available ... maybe.

I never expect anything on a computer 'somewhere' or a 'cloud' to work as predicted. :roll:

Yes, what I enjoyed revisiting most were the conversations more than the music(~ a 60/40 split). The interaction between members, at times, was hilarious! Most of the music still available has already been downloaded to my computer. Chats were something a bit too large to transfer properly, time consuming, etc.

Return to “Important forum info”